GIJCC 2014 Figure is...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The next one will be TIGER FORCE Frostbite & Tiger Cat.

Honestly? That wouldn't be too weird if this year's set was Tiger Force. They did that with Footloose. The year before he was the "free" figure, his head/helmet were used for Claymore in the Special Mission: Brazil 2 set. At least if they did that, and made him a new head and fur/webgear piece (which I hope is a precedent moving forward, at least for the "free membership" figure) that would warrant 2 uses of the mold, and at worst folks could get castings from casters.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well, it's not the "free" figure. Plus, it's also not a H.A.V.O.C.

What's this all about?...gotta say it looks great in green...though the ski missiles make very little sense now...

They could be for swamps

The missile launchers were painted with artwork from the original A.S.P. I was being a smartass. Painting one thing in the colors of another doesn't make it a MkII anything.

Bullsh!t it doesn't!...I painted my BTTF Delorean orange an added "01"s to the sides and a confederate flag on the roof and it's now my General Lee MkII

Tell that to Tony Stark. The MK III is nothing, but the MKII made of gold titanium instead of just titanium, w/ some hot rod red thrown in to keep from being too ostentatious:drum:

Cross Country was always one of my favorite characters from the last couple of seasons. So I'm tempted to sign up.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
{Image depicts prototype, final version may vary}

Which is code speak for we have plenty of time to fuck this figure up beyond all recognition.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
{Image depicts prototype, final version may vary}

Which is code speak for we have plenty of time to fuck this figure up beyond all recognition.

Well, last year's turned out to be EXACTLY like the goddamn prototype image, despite them saying it WOULD vary (i.e. be better) so in that instance, I wish it had varied from the prototype imagery.

They've been pretty consistent with most of their Photochop jobs, though, when compared to the final version. Some color variation and maybe a part swap here or there, but usually nothing that mattered much.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well, last year's turned out to be EXACTLY like the goddamn prototype image, despite them saying it WOULD vary (i.e. be better) so in that instance, I wish it had varied from the prototype imagery.

They've been pretty consistent with most of their Photochop jobs, though, when compared to the final version. Some color variation and maybe a part swap here or there, but usually nothing that mattered much.

You're sure giving them a lot of credit. You're like a crack whore who needs a fix.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You're sure giving them a lot of credit. You're like a crack whore who needs a fix.

Did you see the tags I added when I made this thread?!

I didn't say I liked all their designs, but they're usually pretty on par with the initial images shown.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, as stated by someone earlier here, Boss Fight is responsible for the amazing sculpt on the head and webgear.

New head and webbing is all they need to invest for at least a dozen ARAH figures to be done in ME format. If they keep doing this moving forward, they'll be able to churn out some decent figures on par with Footloose, Big Boa, Tollbooth, or better.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's a pretty solid custom. I used the same hat/goggles combo on a similar head (isn't that the Aqua Viper head? I used Dusty's, then White-Out's) and the same vest, but the legs you chose look way better than mine. I do miss seeing his arm guards, though.

My figure looks like ass now, as I originally made him like over 3-5 years ago and have been tweaking him to some degree since (swapping out a vest, head, etc.).

If I were to change anything, the lower legs on the Club's aren't as accurate as I'd like, but the ones they chose work. The ones you used work quite well, as well, though.

CrotchKnockerX

Cobra Tinkerer
Sep 7, 2013
Jacksonville Florida USA
That's a pretty solid custom. I used the same hat/goggles combo on a similar head (isn't that the Aqua Viper head? I used Dusty's, then White-Out's) and the same vest, but the legs you chose look way better than mine. I do miss seeing his arm guards, though.

My figure looks like ass now, as I originally made him like over 3-5 years ago and have been tweaking him to some degree since (swapping out a vest, head, etc.).

If I were to change anything, the lower legs on the Club's aren't as accurate as I'd like, but the ones they chose work. The ones you used work quite well, as well, though.
Yeah Viper head. Still remember taking helmet off him, thinking I was going to see a mean looking Cobra dude, but I get a head that looks like my uncle Wilbert.
White Out looks to good to be a CCountry to me. more like a pre SnakeEyes.
I used Dusty for my Wet Suit.
As far as the clubs, the arms got to go. Everything else on him perfect for me.
oh yeah, I have arm guards on mine (not in pic) from the Mavel X23 figure. works well

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Cross Country looks great.

Yeah Viper head. Still remember taking helmet off him, thinking I was going to see a mean looking Cobra dude, but I get a head that looks like my uncle Wilbert.

That head sculpt is of the guy who won the Hasbro contest to have his likeness made in a figure.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Too bad Cross-Country is such as asshole character. All he does is bitch and complain while the rest of the Joes do real work. Fuck that guy.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
Hell yeah! Cross Country is awesome. The HAVOC always sucked (a GLASS hooded tank??), so passing on the gangrenous Snow Cat ain't gonna bother me at all. Obviously the molds to the HAVOC were lost because a simple slight retool with the original HAVOC changing the glass cockpit to armor like the HISS IV would change the matter completely and a smaller flight vehicle as a UAV would be cool, but Hasbro doesn't have an existing mold and the Club isn't big enough to go re-designing old vehicles for them. For that matter, a retooled HISS IV with a "trailer" and non-triangular treads and no spring chassis would be pretty cool as a HAVOC.

I sort of ducked out of Joe for awhile. What's the deal with Iceberg's head? I agree that the figure sucks for multiple reasons, but what's the specific issue about the head?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
IT basically amounts to an ARAH Iceberg head being retooled to fit the modern neck balls.

It's definitely not the head they showed in the promotional photos.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
I think mine HAS the "right" head. I've been up puking all night. I'm going to get some sleep and check that later. If that's the case, you'll get pics and not of my genitals or puke.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
I checked. Old head. I always thought the sideburns in the online pics looked like total Photoshop. Since the rest of the figure is such a mess I never even took it out of its mailing box except to verify that all the parts were there and only gave it a single glance.

At the intersection of frustration, occasional genius and complete apathy lies my interest in the Club exclusives. All these years and they've had two "hits" with convention sets: Mission Brazil and Oktober Guard, one of which was always a complete no-brainer anyway. Footloose was killer and FSS 1.0 had some nice surprises.

They look to be heading in a more 'right' general direction, but I worry that as Hasbro continues to generally cheapen its own product, Club offerings will follow suit. Night Force didn't bomb, but for anyone to pretend it was doing anything other than coasting off last year's momentum is being dishonest. The 'revered' NF Sky Striker can still be had at prices lower than SDCC stuff and now the new "HAVOC"- ugghhh.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
That headsculpt they did is actually really well done. I'm digging the hair. I'm just afraid we'll get a repeat of last year.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

So we know the head will end up at one of the casters, but what about the pistol belt and holster? I might be tempted to put that on a Wild Bill custom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd hate to buy that lame-ass vest, but I might have to. I gotta think of a body to go with the head. Guess it'll depend on whether I keep Cross Country as a tanker or make him a pilot....

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
So is anyone else kinda surprised they put the Confederate Flag on him? I mean I live in Southwest Virginia and generally the African American population gets kinda pissy over it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
So is anyone else kinda surprised they put the Confederate Flag on him? I mean I live in Southwest Virginia and generally the African American population gets kinda pissy over it.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll be surprised if it makes to the final product...glad, but surprised...remember their excuse when IB came with that sh!tty head, they blamed the factory...just watch, the flag will be missing and they'll blame the factory again...

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
Are they gonna leave the 'Confederate Flag' on his belt or are they gonna get all PC about it and get rid of it? That's what I want to know.

Ask a Black Guy?

Fred Broca will probably see this in a few weeks or something

Fred is really conflicted about Cross Country having the Stars and Bars on the his uniform. The JOE fan in me is like, "Well he is a redneck good ole boy from North Carolina and the figure did originally have the flag on it. Not to get into this particular discussion, because it's going to derail the thread, certain people feel that Confederate flag isn't a symbol of racism, slavery, and segregation, but a rather a symbol of Southern pride and heritage, kinda like the flags of Wales, England, and Scotland.

The militant Negro in me is like, "Fuck that!" How can can this particular figure be released with this particular imaginary on it when clearly the Confederacy wasn't about inclusion, who uses the Confederate flag and what those groups tend to be about.

Would I personally release a Cross Country figure, I don't know. It's quite the conundrum. One of the things I would do if I were to ever do a JOE series, is that I would have Stalker, RB, Doc, Spirit, or one of the other JOEs that's part of a minority group approach Cross Country about his wearing the Confederate flag and they would have a dialogue about it.

and some folks would buy anything with the Joe name on it.

Really? I thought that who are fans of the brand only supported and bought quality products. If we don't buy every single thing that has "G. I. JOE brand, on it, the brand will go the way of Megos.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
but a rather a symbol of Southern pride and heritage, kinda like the flags of Wales, England, and Scotland.

This ^^^ is now...

The militant Negro in me is like, "Fuck that!" How can can this particular figure be released with this particular imaginary on it when clearly the Confederacy wasn't about inclusion, who uses the Confederate flag and what those groups tend to be about.

That ^^ was then...

Sure, there's still likely some that it still represents hatred for, but for the vast majority, it's just a southern flag...to me, it's the General Lee...I grew up loving everything about that car, including the flag...I had not a clue of it's meaning...as represented in the show, it was a pride thing, and not a hatred symbol...

If you (you being anyone) decide it means southern pride, then that's what it means...if you decide it means hatred, then that's what it means...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It doesn't mean southern pride or hatred to me. I've never been to the south nor do I ever plan too.

For me it's a symbolic piece of history. My favorite course I ever took was "Wars in American History" and my father was a big history buff. Also, every male generation has fought in a war in my family except me and my cousins dating back to WW1. So to me it's just a Flag that when I see it, I think of the Civil War and all the great men who gave their lives to better our country. Same as a Nazi swastika, to me that's a Nazi symbol. If somebody released a WW2 figure and it had that symbol on it... i wouldn't get my panties in a twist.

People are way to fucking sensitive these days. You can't do anything anymore without somebody getting offended or some group or whatever making a stink about it.

I'm very happy that they included the flag on the figure and honestly I'm very surprised by it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
People are way to fucking sensitive these days. You can't do anything anymore without somebody getting offended or some group or whatever making a stink about it.

I'm very happy that they included the flag on the figure and honestly I'm very surprised by it.

Hell yes!...I don't know what it is, but it's getting ridiculous...is it attention seeking?...personally, I would NEVER want to be that guy/group making a stink so others are rolling their eyes at me going "oh gawd, here we go. :rolleyes:"

Why do people want to create this eggshell world? :confused:

*none of my statements here have anything to do with my recently being called out...this is how I've always felt :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hell yes!...I don't know what it is, but it's getting ridiculous...is it attention seeking?...personally, I would NEVER want to be that guy/group making a stink so others are rolling their eyes at me going "oh gawd, here we go. :rolleyes:"

Why do people want to create this eggshell world? :confused:

*none of my statements here have anything to do with my recently being called out...this is how I've always felt :D

100% with you brother. I've felt like this for a long time now. The biggest offenders of this is the gay rights activists IMO.

2 things that have happened in the last few days that really stand out to me.

First a certain MMA fighter(i know u don't care Eddie but bare with me) made a comment that he doesn't like Womens MMA and if he was going to pay $60 to watch 2 women fight they better be topless. Now the second part of his statement was a joke and he said it in jest to make light of the situation. Not 5 hours after he said it, it turned into a media shitstorm that was covered nationally and he and the organization were forced to send out a press release apology.

Really motherfuckers? Do you think he learned a lesson? You think that apology was heartfelt? Come the fuck on. He made a joke, big fucking deal. I watch MMA fights almost every weekend and those kind of jokes are always going on when the woman fight. Do I stop everything and run to facebook to start a movement? No. I shrug it off and continue watching the fight.

The 2nd thing that hit me the last few days was on a podcast that I listen to and one of the guys is a little league baseball coach. He was going on a rant that one of the parents complained that a different league gave out trophies to every team that played that season. He explained to her that not everybody can get a 1st place trophy and only the winning team does. She filed a complaint with the president of the league and he was removed from coaching. Now the upcoming season, everybody gets a trophy. That fucking irks the shit out of me. You want a trophy? Then fucking win.

/end rant

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, getting worked up over the CSA naval ensign. To some it's a symbol of racism, to others one of regional pride and rebellion. People are always gonna get butthurt over it.

Funny thing, the old Georgia state flag had the square Confederate battle flag, but the new one is essentially the national flag of the Confederacy with the Georgia state seal in the ring of stars. Wonder how many people that were all uppity about the battle flag being on the state flag even realize what the new flag is.