Iceberg is coming!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The 2013 G.I. Joe Collector's Club figure will be Iceberg!

First peek at the artwork was in this issue of the Club Magazine/Newsletter. Official prototype should be forthcoming and will be added once it's announced.

Part breakdown seems to be:

New head
25th Arctic Snake Eyes torso
25th Spirit legs
30th Airtight arms? (tbd)
25th Snow Serpent fur
25th Hawk shoulder harness/webgear

Attachments

• club_iceberg_art.jpg
    club_iceberg_art.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 64

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Hopefully this figure is good enough that I can buy some extras in their store and resell them to pay for my yearly club offerings like I did with Footloose.*

*I hope I can scalp these figures.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm more interested in seeing the Con figures (and finding out the rest of who is going to be in FSS2) than in seeing Iceberg at this point. We should've seen him months ago.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I think they're going with the Arctic SE for the torso and arms. You've got the pocket on the right arm and the spot for the decal on the left. It would make sense that they would want to use parts that they know work together without changing up any tooling. Don't forget Recondo's rifle.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think they're going with the Arctic SE for the torso and arms. You've got the pocket on the right arm and the spot for the decal on the left. It would make sense that they would want to use parts that they know work together without changing up any tooling. Don't forget Recondo's rifle.

Sounds right too me

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I'm new to this all, I am thinking about joining the GIJCC to get the discount for the convention, and I would get this figure also, correct?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

I thought that, but the ribbing on the gloves threw me off. And I'd hope they'd go with the newer wrists. I guess they could always do lower arms on the Arctic SE uppers?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Gosh dang it?!...wheres pics of IB coming?!...that was gunna be so HAWT! :D

Anyway, parts breakdown don't seem too bad...not super impressed with the SS fur around the neck...pretty lazy

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Gosh dang it?!...wheres pics of IB coming?!...that was gunna be so HAWT! :D

Anyway, parts breakdown don't seem too bad...not super impressed with the SS fur around the neck...pretty lazy

Yeah, there are half a dozen options from their currently fairly extensive library that could work for the body/arms/legs and still be passable with the appropriate colors and paint apps. He needs a new head, obviously, and the fur collar/webgear/harness is a pretty iconic part of the design.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I really think a newly sculpted head/cap/goggles and a harness/fur combo shoulda been done no questions...nothing in the parts library do IB any justice...cheap and lazy for a figure that's gonna demand likely twice retail

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, it's not asking anything more than what we got with Dial-Tone, to be honest. DT had a retooled backpack happen, and a new head. While we didn't get webgear, there are the two items. Footloose was a little less new parts technically, but "officially" we at least got new lower arms. We also got a head/helmet combo and legs that were previously used only on exclusives, so the parts use was still pretty "new", all things considered.

But at the very least, Iceberg needed a new collar tooled up. His vintage rifle could easily be replaced by anything cast in white, and I don't even recall him having any gear beyond that like a backpack. But that collar would've been super easy to sculpt. Hell, I sculpted one, and it doesn't even look that great, and it'd be better than that big bulky Snow Serpent collar.

The good thing is, at least the SS collar fits on that SE torso, I guess. :yawn:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ya know, if they had tooled up new webgear for DT, that woulda went a long way in my desire for him...what they ended up using was sh!t...the torso was an a$$ choice too...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What makes us so sure that's the arctic SE torso?

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Maybe not, but the pockets on the chest are at an angle just like the SE torso plus the SS fur does fit that torso. It probably won't have the skirt piece though as it looks a little ribbed at the waist. Maybe it's a ROC Breaker vest but I doubt the Club would use something else with the SS fur.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
I really think a newly sculpted head/cap/goggles and a harness/fur combo shoulda been done no questions...nothing in the parts library do IB any justice...cheap and lazy for a figure that's gonna demand likely twice retail

I'm with you Ed! not feeling the snow serpent fur or the parts in general

MVC-114S by mswi, on Flickr

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Or a completely new torso, I woulda been cool with that :)...though I'd prefer the webgear at the very least NOT be sculpted onto the figure...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Or a completely new torso, I woulda been cool with that :)...though I'd prefer the webgear at the very least NOT be sculpted onto the figure...

Yeah, that's what I don't like about the KREXX torsos with the webgear sculpted onto it. As much as I love the sculpt work, which is top notch.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Is Iceberg black or white? In the cartoon he was usually white, but would randomly become white, and now this picture on the first post makes him even more ambiguous.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Frostbite was white. Iceberg is definitely black. I always thought it was funny due to the stereotype that black folks hate the cold.

There was a repaint in another country (I think India?) where he was white, though.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Magazine doesn't always come, huh?

I've missed at least 3 issues in the last 2+ years that just never shipped too me or I guess somebody stole :rolleyes:

The magazine is pretty much worthless so I didn't even care lol. I just wish they would go away with the mag and lower the membership price by 10-15 dollars. With the 12 emails I get every month and their website, I don't really feel the need to have the mag.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Frostbite was white. Iceberg is definitely black. I always thought it was funny due to the stereotype that black folks hate the cold.

There was a repaint in another country (I think India?) where he was white, though.

I don't think he was ever meant to be white. In the 'toon he always looked and sounded black to me.

But then I looked at his file card, and he's from Brownsville TX (aka, the hottest place on earth), a place that is 99.999999999% hispanic. So maybe he's of mexican descent, as their skintones vary pretty widely from light to dark (my wife is a hispanic from Brownsville, and she's very light-skinned, but her brother is dark as #$*%).

So I'm sort of on the fence between black and hispanic, but I never dreamed he was a white dude. Maybe his genetic ancestry is meant to be rather ambiguous, as to let each kid imagine him to be whatever he wants.