Meddatron's Dio-shots

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks all, Truth be told, I was so damn worried about making sure I used the right spelling of the word, that I actually spelled it the way I didnt want to, so that was my fix rather than re-painting the wall and starting over.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Playing around with my new 3-pack firefly.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Those are all kinds of awesome Medd!...your dio pieces are insane...I'd love to see a shot of ALL of it together

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks guys!

Fled, I cut a small hole in the roof that my LED flashlight sits in, gives me a lit stairwell look.

Eddie,
Give me about ten minutes and I'll post a pic of the setup. I dont think I showed these buildings yet. Maybe a small pic or two. Just recently finished 2 of the buildings up.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
got ya, summer time. When summer hits, garage will be cleaned up and I am gonna try to set up a small city right in the middle of it. It is my most ambitious plan yet and I got the wife's blessing.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
Medd the dio-set is absolutely amazing! Love the lighting as well

Already looking forward to see your garage small dio-city!

Man, you are really talented! This thread is awesome!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Not bad, but they do look a bit more like "tall bushes" than trees. If that makes sense? A bit too closely groomed, and lacking smaller branches that are visible. Have you tried getting "branchier" base sticks?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks for all the feedback guys. It is much appreciated.

Eddie, I have not yet figured outhow for pine trees, but yes, I want a few of them too. Want to figure a way to simulate flowers too.

Not bad, but they do look a bit more like "tall bushes" than trees. If that makes sense? A bit too closely groomed, and lacking smaller branches that are visible. Have you tried getting "branchier" base sticks?

I'll try with other sticks. Picking out the perfect stick is hard. I too think they look like pot on a stick. I may try a branch from my pine tree, much more little twigs off of them. I'll keep these for way back in the background.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for all the feedback guys. It is much appreciated.

Eddie, I have not yet figured outhow for pine trees, but yes, I want a few of them too. Want to figure a way to simulate flowers too.

I'll try with other sticks. Picking out the perfect stick is hard. I too think they look like pot on a stick. I may try a branch from my pine tree, much more little twigs off of them. I'll keep these for way back in the background.

I've seen premade flowers at hobby lobby in the dio section that'd work for Joe scale

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Love all the scale garbage! It's the little things that "make" a scene.
Thanks, I keep a tin filled with "garbage" that i sweep up when I break a dio down and redump in the next. just papers, stones, bubble plastic (glass), sand, and colored pencil shavings from sharpener.
Damn, man, they haven't even been there for a day and you're already killing them. :)
hehe, They will have a victory shot eventually. I'm just making up for all the Sunbow no deaths.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I missed that Jinx set up...SO COOL!...very convincing!...I dig that trash can...though a tad big with a figure right next to it, it looks perfect in the distance