Meddatron's Dio-shots

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hah! I got referenced! That's the first time I've been on the Front Page in a long time!

(Figured I'd make the joke before the peanut gallery chimes in.)

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks guys.
VV they are not neo viper heads. I took a skull head and made a sculpey mold of it, than just pressed and baked the sculpey. I was hoping it would have the detail loss effect to look very worn. It turned out that way. :D

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I wish I still had all my D&D toys. I had all the first year stuff. I remember the gold dragon being my favorite. WarDuke's horse was pretty cool too.

Edit: Wait.. I think it was the bronze dragon, whichever one had the lion head.

Nope. It was called Dragonne

Last edited:

Stryker927

Cobra Project Manager
Aug 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Actually just came into some perfect pieces of white styrofoam to build some bases out of. Need to pick up some of the blue or pink foam for some detailed backgrounds. Your stuff is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Quick question...what kind of paint do you use on these? I use Testor's Acrylic for my Joe customs but also have the "Apple Barrel" hobby paints for wood projects or crafts with the kids. What is going to be best for the styrofoam?

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Actually just came into some perfect pieces of white styrofoam to build some bases out of. Need to pick up some of the blue or pink foam for some detailed backgrounds. Your stuff is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Quick question...what kind of paint do you use on these? I use Testor's Acrylic for my Joe customs but also have the "Apple Barrel" hobby paints for wood projects or crafts with the kids. What is going to be best for the styrofoam?

Hope no one minds me jumping in here...

You can use just about any water base paint. I would suggest getting a cheap can of white ceiling/wall paint to use a primer. Just don't use spray paint unless you prime the foam real well. It will eat it.