new BBI MH-60

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
She has arrived

This thing is massive. Looking at my PTE Blackhawk next to it is just stunning how off the scale is.

I can understand the high price, maybe not $160 but at least $100.

How the hell am I going to display this thing?

Any pics of how you guys that have one of these hung it?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is laughable.

I figured, ehh, it would be a tad bigger than the PTE but not this much bigger. The inside is huge. Look at the size difference in rotor blades.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is laughable.

I figured, ehh, it would be a tad bigger than the PTE but not this much bigger. The inside is huge. Look at the size difference in rotor blades.

What, did you thinking we were making up the superiority of true 1:18?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
[sarcasm]For what the asked they could have at least found a way to correctly replicate the disco ball on it. [/sarcasm]

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
[sarcasm]For what the asked they could have at least found a way to correctly replicate the disco ball on it. [/sarcasm]

You're so right on the superiority of the scale.

I wish they changed the mold so the window opening for the gunners was more like a Night Raider would be without the huge obstruction

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
What kind of line did you use? What did you attach it to?

I just made a big loop of fishing line (tied a knot and dabbed it with superglue). One end of the loop goes to a hook in the ceiling and the bird sits in the bottom of the loop. I looped it behind the foot pegs so the line ran between the cockpit door and the gunner window. Make a 2nd, shorter loop for just forward of the tail and you are good. I used the same method for the F-14 and was able to change it's bank by just twisting it.

Edit: You can see the lines in this pic. I did not need ceiling hooks since I could loop around the suspended ceiling frame.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is going to be way to much fun since I can slide my smaller camera inside.

I need to get some images of the interior so I real it up.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Those of you who have this - mine came with two antennae that I can't for the life of me figure out where they're supposed to go. Any ideas?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
same. bing MH-60 images and you'll see them on the top just past the roof windows. I need to re check before I glue them to make sure

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
For anyone needing less involved display options for these, wheeled 6' restaurant racks work great and you can sometimes score them at Ollie's and Sam's Club has them complete with plastic rack pads for $79 all day long. The levels are adjustable to height.

I have three Sky Strikers, an X-19, two Conquest X-30's, a Mamba, a Stellar Stiletto, RotF Jetfire (1:72 Blackbird),a Dragonfly, a crap load of 1:72 diecasts, Masterpiece Skywarp (1:48 F-15C),a Night Raven Sp3, a 1:18 JSI Tomcat on one of those eBay stands (my landing gear held up fine but the damn rear door, the simple out-opener, broke) A BBI Hawk-with blades, a 21st Cobra with blades, a 1:48 diecast Zulu Cobra, and a vintage Tomahawk w/o blades, all on one rack.