new BBI MH-60

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone posted pics over at HT. It was exactly as expected. Bbi's general quality control, along with it's less-than-accurate execution. The 134s are a little on the large/long side, likewise for the feed chutes that as far as I know don't feed into any cans in the cabin. Most of it you already can tell by the photos available already. No sliding station windows, no brass and link ejection chutes.

You know, lots of little details you'd expect to be done with a 170 dollar price tag.

As far as the pickel kit, all Bbi did was put on a weather radar and a FLIR.

Last edited:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Curious to know how it compares to Pickelhaube's kit in person.

I can answer this. The center line radome is the same size as mine .

The FLIR is way smaller than mine . Who is closer to scale ?

The M-134 are little gems. Yes they are a little long.I made mine a little long as well because true scale looks puny in the hands of a figure.

Almost all .50 M-2s made are long as well.

The blanked in non sliding widow is a sore spot . There is a bulkhead behind that window so I guess if there is nothing to see might as well blank it in.

The window is moulded with the main fuselage.

The wing stub is off in shape. Not so bad but they moulded it in the wrong location as the original BBI rendition.

That as well is moulded with the main fusalage. It can not me moved.

The FLIR and radome are casted with the main fusalage split in two for the left and right side.

The camera ball rotates in the 2 halves of the FLIR.

The minis do have a nice looking feed belt ( rubber ) but they go to no were.

They left out the spent shell casing chute.

The over all color is nice, kind of a slate/ charcoal grey.

They did make some changes to the original moulds. They must have remilled them to get the different add ons.

I have talked to some one in the know about the injection moulds and he said it is so much easier to take away than add to them.

That is probably why the stubs are in the wrong location.The slots would have been in the wrong location to make them right.

That is why I have that little foot attached when I made my stubs.

They probably could have done that but if the part was casted in the mould it would be 2 less pieces to mount in production.

Probably the same thing goes for the blanked in window. Make it solid push it through production.

Was it worth $170 ? For the money my kit looks better and you get a fuel probe.

But you do not have to paint the new rendition and a lot less work to customize it.

. Although it is still missing the fuel probe.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
it costs almost as much as the JSI F-14...and they are FAR from being on the same level...

not worth the price AT ALL if you ask me...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Almost all .50 M-2s made are long as well.

Ya know, I was looking at Sagami-mounted M2 photos and all the 1:18 ones look too small.

Perhaps not so much in length, but in girth. (Eddieism, away!)

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
I think BBi blew it with the price on this one. The next 60 if they ever make one would possibly be a conceived Stealth mockup or Seahawk hopefully at a lower price if another company doesn't beat them to it in 1:18th. But i don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
It's a shame they half-assed it. If they'd updated and corrected the inaccuracies of the original BH I'd consider getting one.

At least I have my customized and Pickelhaube-upgraded BH to console myself with. :)

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Thank you Pickel! I love what your kit did to my Blackhawk and have yet to have a piece break. Tearing the original wing stubs off and cutting a hole in the sides with a Dremel are a bit nerve wracking. ;)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
A sticker set probably wouldn't do great considering how small of a production of these are out there. Then you gotta' factor in if anyone would want to use stickers on the bird itself and I'm betting that it would be a small faction of the customers. I guess it really depends on the feedback on these. Doesn't seem like there is a ton of praise yet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A sticker set probably wouldn't do great considering how small of a production of these are out there. Then you gotta' factor in if anyone would want to use stickers on the bird itself and I'm betting that it would be a small faction of the customers. I guess it really depends on the feedback on these. Doesn't seem like there is a ton of praise yet.

Let me add that the people that would need markings for this aren't gonna use stickers.

anybody have any in hand photos yet?

Liberated from you know where courtesy of Tanksmasher.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, weird off-black with calf shit-green tail boom markings.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone got an exact length (nose to farthest point back) of the Black/PAVE Hawk?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm. Sounds short. I think they're supposed to scale out at 45". Maybe that's with blades at speed. They really don't specify what "length" entails on wiki.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, well, Bbi has been known to fudge scale. 1:16.5 F-16, anyone?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was just curious is all. I'm not bitching aboot it, eh!

captinbaer1

unregistered sex offender
Sep 16, 2011
New york, NY
going to bring back dead thread here with this but...

Is there any official reviews, a Google search brought up nothing and I'm sick of staring at the BBI official pic

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still don't know where the fuck they came up with "night raid".

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The M134s from that thing desperately need to be cast for the general population...anybody have them willing to gt them to Jesse?