Marvel Universe's Green Goblin

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
That Figures: REVIEW: Marvel Universe's Green Goblin

Final Thoughts
I love classic superhero comic designs and the Silver Age represented, for me, probably the best era in comicbooks in terms of characters and designs. If you look at Spider-Man's line-up of foes, it quickly becomes apparent just what a great time it was at Marvel. Vulture, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Rhino, Doctor Octopus, the Lizard... The list goes on and every one is awesome. And it was the presence (or in many cases, promise of) these characters that really made me pay attention to the Marvel Universe line. And yes, they did indeed keep a steady flow of vintage-style awesome alongside their Camping Expert Iron Man and Neon Fireblast Spideys but for me Hasbro seemed more interested in pushing the modern versions of characters. Which makes sense if they're selling to younger fans but, as an old school comics fan, I'd have loved to see a full-on Silver Age line-up.

Which brings us to Green Goblin himself.

As you've probably been able to surmise, I absolutely loved this figure when I first saw him and I still do. Along with the classic Iron Man, he was the first Marvel Universe figure I bought and so he most definitely has a place in my heart. But that's not the only reason I dig this figure so much. I mean, look at him. It's a page-perfect version of the character translated into 3D. The Marvel Universe line certainly had its share of misfires and mistakes but when they got it right - as they did here - then it could be an absolute pleasure to collect.

If you're a fan of Silver Age comic characters - or you just want to see how good the Marvel Universe line could be - then this is an absolute must.

FULL REVIEW AND PICTURES:
That Figures: REVIEW: Marvel Universe's Green Goblin

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'm not a big fan of the Spiderman universe per-se, but even this figure caught my attention. I mean look at the detail, the weathering, accessories...all of it just looks cool!

Great review Iok!

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I'm not a big fan of the Spiderman universe per-se, but even this figure caught my attention. I mean look at the detail, the weathering, accessories...all of it just looks cool!

Great review Iok!

Glad you liked it. And yeah, this is what got me so excited about the MU line, as they had some great classic characters done really well. I think they probably burned most of their budget by about Wave 4, though... :)

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I got the later spiderman series version (lighter colors) I love the figure desite hating the charactor. Painted up the flying sled too.

I didn't know they'd re-issued it. I thought it would just be Stupid James ''Pillowfucker'' Franco.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Very cool figure. Wish I hadn't passed him up when I saw him on peg. But at th either I was talking myself out of extra figure lines.

Small suggestion. More lighting when shooting your pics.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Very cool figure. Wish I hadn't passed him up when I saw him on peg. But at th either I was talking myself out of extra figure lines.

Small suggestion. More lighting when shooting your pics.

Yeah, I'm having some lighting problems due to the fact that I have to keep moving my set-up and the ambient lighting varies (that's not the only light-source but it's an influence.)

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I found the reissue in 5 below. Only one I ever found. Glad I grabbed in when I did.

I usually pass on the movie themed stuff, as 99% of it is either movie designs (which are garbage) or they're stupid Rapid Pancake Donkeypunch Spider-Man and stuff.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
The one I got was a comic version spiderman series (not movie) I'll get movie stuff if I liked the movie, but even then I don't get everything.

Off topic I did get a movieverse Sandman, (Which is ironic given that I got it in a random Indiana Jones Figure pack.) The figure is way to small to be 118th.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
The one I got was a comic version spiderman series (not movie) I'll get movie stuff if I liked the movie, but even then I don't get everything.

Off topic I did get a movieverse Sandman, (Which is ironic given that I got it in a random Indiana Jones Figure pack.) The figure is way to small to be 118th.

Yeah, it's good that there's the occasional comic release mixed in (I have some from another movie line but I forget which at the moment.)