Casting Sites: Links, Info + Alerts

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
He sure likes them, too. $8 a pop? That's fucking torso pricing.

Lol! I didn't know that! $8 is insane! $5 is ok for a PREMIUM head sculpt like gingabread's,where there's a lot of time,and skill behind the sculpt,but a copy,or a shrink? not so much. $3-$4 is more realistic imo..that's purely my opinion tho.

All it takes is someone to see they're going for $8,get a bright idea,start shrinking the same heads,then undercut him...or,just buy some from him,copy those,and under cut him with his own heads...since its a shrink of a retail head there's no way to prove 100% it's his shrink..

If he can get it tho,more power to him,lol

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I've seen most of those heads elsewhere. I know Hicks is out there.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah the reason he's charging $8 is because he shrunk them, and the hydroshrink stuff isn't cheap. Though lowering your price increases sales, and pulls in more money which means you make more that you would at the higher price.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
So does building a shop,but I can't charge $1,000 per oil change!:trollface: sometimes it takes time to recoup your initial investment. You&I both know that the main expenditure in casting for us is mold maker...the actual cast is inexpensive...idk anything about hydro shrinking tho,except what I read...so idk how much it costs,but at $8 a head? Fuckin wow man!:trollface:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
I got some heads from him in our trade,and I'll tell ya there's nothing LOL about them! they're fuggin bad ass!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Steep price but i may have to throw down the money for the GB heads as they do look really good - even said Egon's glasses are removable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 84

Angry Nomad

The Unwashed
Apr 8, 2015
I've been meaning to join y'alls site for some time now and after reading this conversation feel the need to defend myself. I find it hard to believe that anybody would find 8 federal reserve notes 'steep' for a shrunken head. I work in a little room that I built for myself under my stair case not in China w/ 100 plus workers in a sweat shop.
After obtaining the original; I mold it; hydro it; mold that after it shrinks; cast it; repair minor stuff (air bubbles are prevalent w/ hydro because of the speed of the setting of the material); remold; recast; and finally mold and cast replacements. And that's if nothing bad happens to the shrink. 2 out of 5 shrinks become deformed as they shrink and have to be tossed in the trash and the process is redone. Additionally the large heads 1:6 scale have to be done twice... shrunk to half the size then re-shrunk again.
And not to mention that hydroshrink contains chemicals that are considered toxic carcinogens. Which is why it's banned in the UK.
Anybody that wants to learn how to do this is welcome to it. But be warned it's terribly time consuming and you'll have to decide to pay the light bill or order material. I've spent hours huddled next to my wood stove learning my techniques all by trial and error. My prices are a reflection of my material price, I'm not getting paid for my time at all. This is my hobby not my living. I'm medically retired Army and don't need it. And quite frankly reading that somebody finds another stealing my time IOT undercut me humorous ... really really pisses me off. It immediately makes me reconsider my decision to put a store up and reminds me why I've stayed off of forums, FB and the internet in general for so long.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, that is Contraband. Never seen something he didn't consider reselling for a profit.

Welcome, but don't let folks get you in a fit. There's literally nothing at retail right now so the inmates have become restless.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Well, that is Contraband. Never seen something he didn't consider reselling for a profit.

Welcome, but don't let folks get you in a fit. There's literally nothing at retail right now so the inmates have become restless.

:lmao:

Welcome to the site Nomad!

I'll pay the $8 and let you breath in the cancer chemicals

:trollface:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
:lmao:

Welcome to the site Nomad!

I'll pay the $8 and let you breath in the cancer chemicals

:trollface:

That hasn't been proven 100% true, the rats got cancer, yes, but the mice didn't. Rats also got cancer w/ an artificial sweetener that was tested in the 90's so it was taken off the market then later returned when it was deemed safe. It was later deemed safe once they had determined that the reason the rats had gotten cancer was due to the extra mechanism in their digestive system that stores food longer, and is also what allows them to grow to the size of cats, and dogs in areas where food is more prevalent.

Also in a well ventilated area at least a 12x12, or so you have enough air flow that you aren't going to be breathing in too many fumes.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I've been meaning to join y'alls site for some time now and after reading this conversation feel the need to defend myself. I find it hard to believe that anybody would find 8 federal reserve notes 'steep' for a shrunken head. I work in a little room that I built for myself under my stair case not in China w/ 100 plus workers in a sweat shop.
After obtaining the original; I mold it; hydro it; mold that after it shrinks; cast it; repair minor stuff (air bubbles are prevalent w/ hydro because of the speed of the setting of the material); remold; recast; and finally mold and cast replacements. And that's if nothing bad happens to the shrink. 2 out of 5 shrinks become deformed as they shrink and have to be tossed in the trash and the process is redone. Additionally the large heads 1:6 scale have to be done twice... shrunk to half the size then re-shrunk again.
And not to mention that hydroshrink contains chemicals that are considered toxic carcinogens. Which is why it's banned in the UK.
Anybody that wants to learn how to do this is welcome to it. But be warned it's terribly time consuming and you'll have to decide to pay the light bill or order material. I've spent hours huddled next to my wood stove learning my techniques all by trial and error. My prices are a reflection of my material price, I'm not getting paid for my time at all. This is my hobby not my living. I'm medically retired Army and don't need it. And quite frankly reading that somebody finds another stealing my time IOT undercut me humorous ... really really pisses me off. It immediately makes me reconsider my decision to put a store up and reminds me why I've stayed off of forums, FB and the internet in general for so long.

Where do I say it was humorous?

Lol! I didn't know that! $8 is insane! $5 is ok for a PREMIUM head sculpt like gingabread's,where there's a lot of time,and skill behind the sculpt,but a copy,or a shrink? not so much. $3-$4 is more realistic imo..that's purely my opinion tho.

All it takes is someone to see they're going for $8,get a bright idea,start shrinking the same heads,then undercut him...or,just buy some from him,copy those,and under cut him with his own heads...since its a shrink of a retail head there's no way to prove 100% it's his shrink..

If he can get it tho,more power to him,lol

I apoligize if this reads like I found it humorous...unfortunately due to the nature of casting(copying parts) it's always possible.

^
:trollface: when have I tried to sell anyone anything?!?! I only use alleged values when trying to justify to myself my retarded purchases.:D If there's some profit in this hobby you need to show me,cause I'm doing it wrong! I'm spending money,and getting NOTHING back:p

But yeah,there proly is a way to profit tho:D I just haven't seen it,so this is the ONE thing I havent I guess:D

Last edited:

AlexKuro

The Unwashed
Jun 12, 2015
Hi.

I just joined and was wondering if anybody could help me.

I'm looking for some Resolute Duke vests done in black.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Hi.

I just joined and was wondering if anybody could help me.

I'm looking for some Resolute Duke vests done in black.

WG009

TofuJesse had them at one point, but he's out of stock and has been slowing down on his products. Maybe this is one of the pieces that Vortious is going to carry in his store.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I might have a couple from the last lot I bought from him. I will check tonight.

AlexKuro

The Unwashed
Jun 12, 2015
Ok.

If anybody knows someone who is available to do a commission of about 15 or 16 vests (I can provide an original), please let me know.

I've been working on a couple of squads and a black version of the plate carrier I mentioned would be perfect.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anybody know if someone is casting the Pit Commando survival vest and/or the RoC Wild Bill/Ret. Lift Ticket flight vest? Or just have any for trade?

Conversely, who else did that PC vest come with? I know I've seen it in another color, perhaps on one of the FSS figures?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The one with the holster? Came with jungle Ripcord, and TRU Spirit...that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

How many do you need...I think I have one or two at home.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was thinking of doing a couple of quick 'n' easy pilots, so two would be great. I think you mentioned the recolored version I was thinking off, I'd totally forgotten it came with TrU Spirit.

It's a great vest. A little on the thick side, but it serves the purpose.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah it is. That holster is glued on, so it can be replaced easily for a different look. I've used it a few times, and have actually been impressed with the amount of detail in it after some dry brushing.

I'll pull out my stash tonight and let you know. I might have a couple of casts from Daremo...but they might have been from Jesse too. Some people on here would be jealous of my vest collection. I'm a bit of a hoarder there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You can never have too many. My problem is I usually find the utility of any given vest after it's too late.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is anyone casting Red Star's PPSh? I suddenly have need of one, and didn't see one in any of the working links, but I swear I saw one somewhere recently.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*checks facialbook*

Yup, that was were I seent it. Thanks, Fogger.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone recall who was casting the Acid Rain weapons? Was it Daremo?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone recall who was casting the Acid Rain weapons? Was it Daremo?

Daremo has all the Acid Rain weapons cast....and ready to ship. If you need to contact him let me know. He's more or less email only these days.