The Lost Squad

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Just so you know bro. The holo sight on your m4 is backwards other then that you knocked it out of the park

merc75

Apr 28, 2018
Miami Beach, FL.
www.ngmprod.com
Hey merc if you don't mind, what's your method on the straps for your rifles??

Hey yeah I cut a strip of cloth hockey tape then just fold it in half then I put it through open jump rings connectors (its for jewelry) I then glue it in place. I do the same to connect it to the rifle. oh I forgot before I attach it to the rifle I paint it the color I want. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Sgt301 and raider33

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Very nice custom, what project do you have in mind for your figures? A diostory perhaps?

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Merc75, what’s your favorite paint for doing the figures? Who does the best skin tones as far as durability? I haven’t painted anything in forever except the house and all my old modeling paints have long dried out. I am looking at getting back to painting figures/models again and would appreciate any suggestions since I realize technology changes so quickly and I want to buy the best paint for our hobby and not waste money. Thanks and I enjoyed looking at your work!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Can't go wrong with Tamiya acrylics, but your wallet will beg to differ. Tamiya has different versions of "Clear" lacquer rattle cans to protect the acrylics so you can choose your level of light reflection with no fear of damage, even if you like to play with your toys in the bath tub.

Reactions: raider33 and Sgt301

merc75

Apr 28, 2018
Miami Beach, FL.
www.ngmprod.com
Merc75, what’s your favorite paint for doing the figures? Who does the best skin tones as far as durability? I haven’t painted anything in forever except the house and all my old modeling paints have long dried out. I am looking at getting back to painting figures/models again and would appreciate any suggestions since I realize technology changes so quickly and I want to buy the best paint for our hobby and not waste money. Thanks and I enjoyed looking at your work!

Sgt301 So I use several different types of paints because I find that not one company makes all the colors that I need. Of course, you can mix paints to get a color (which I often do) but I like to just use the paint straight from the bottle. The paints I use are Tamiya, The Army Painter (I bought a box with I think about 50 bottles of paints and shaders really awesome buy!) just started using this brand, and finally, Vallejo (my go-to paint most of the time). So far all have faired pretty well and have strengthened on the figures as time passes. I really like Vallejo and the army painter because of the ease of use of their bottles. Any of the paints I mentioned would be a great buy but remember these paints are not cheap but I think they are worth it.

Reactions: raider33 and Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Thanks, I appreciate your helpful information. Now that I am retired I want to start building models and customs again. There came a time in my career after a couple promotions that I didn’t have time for hobbies and when I did have time I didn’t have the energy 🙂

merc75

Apr 28, 2018
Miami Beach, FL.
www.ngmprod.com
Thanks, I appreciate your helpful information. Now that I am retired I want to start building models and customs again. There came a time in my career after a couple promotions that I didn’t have time for hobbies and when I did have time I didn’t have the energy 🙂

Hey, no problem anyway I can help out just let me know. I do understand the time issue and unfortunately, I have not been able to work on any of my customs because I have been so busy the last few months but I'm hoping to have some free time soon. Please keep me updated on your work!