WPL B36 Truck

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
Just picked up WPL's B36. It is a 1:16 (or somewhere around there) 6x6 RC model of Russia's Ural 4320 with a KUNG shelter. For anyone here not familiar with this line, WPL (and JJRC) make RC millitary trucks. I've always been hesitant to buy one, because they basically had no variable speed. Either full speed, or nothing. The steering was like that, too. You turn slightly on the control and the wheels snap all the way one direction or the other. Reviewers have made videos on installing new servos to remedy those issues. Too much work for me. Also, some of the vehicles have odd things stenciled on them. The Chinese have a habit of making really cool and well detailed vehicles, and then printing something on them in big white letters like "WAR FRONT" or "MILITALLY MAN" to purposely fucking ruin them. I know that can be fixed with sanding or paint, but still, there shouldn't be something you have to fix the minute you pull something out of the box. But this truck doesn't have those issues. Proportional steering and throttle, and some improvements to the drive train from past models. The only graphics on the truck is the company and model number, minus the "6", stenciled on the bumper. It almost seems as if the developers searched their products on youtube and took heed. I bought this truck because not only can the kiddos and I have fun with it in the mud outside, but the shelter holds some awesome customizing capabilities. Just like the real thing, it can be used as a command center, medical bay, whatever you want to put in it. $67 covered the truck, remote, battery, USB charging cord, and a few spare parts. Ordered it on Wednesday, got here on Saturday. The tires were permanently squished flat from them packing the fucking thing so tight, but it was an easy fix. Popped the tires off the rims and dipped each one in boiling water for two seconds. Bam. Problem solved. I've already run it in the house and gonna get it outside next time it rains. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with this one. Now some pics...

Some size comparisons...

Now here is where the scale (if it even really is 1:16) gets wonky: The cabin. The seats seem too big. As you can see, I'm able to get a figure to sit and hold the wheel, but it's the torso only, and the head is very close to the top. Still looks OK from the outside with the door closed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, that's rad. The seat is fixable issue, but figures definitely weren't intended for figures.

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
I'd definitely buy this if I had my stuff out. I've been jonesing for a good transport truck (M35 where art thou?).

Where did you buy it from?

The company that distributes these to the US is called Bang Good. Do a search for the truck you want and usually the site will show up as one of the results. WPL's B16 is the M35 thou seeketh. Another good transporter is the JJRC Q64. It's a German MAN HX6. It's a behemoth. Just be sure of what you are ordering. Make sure you get the package that includes the remote, battery, etc.

mutt71

Enlisted
Oct 14, 2017
I bought the US M-35 6X6 and love it. I am doing some mods to it and will post photos ASAP.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
These look great. With a little love I'm sure they are Gona look spectacular. Can't wait for photos

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That website has some cool stuff.. some of the RC tanks I think pcsguy88 used to run with..

Very tempting.. but no! I must be strong.. or will I..

Spoiler alert.

I was not.

A year later and pcsguy88 and co got me to not only buy this cool RC truck, but TWO! AND A DAMN RC TANK!

Of course, being on the worst coast I am still waiting on shipping.. but soon.. SOON!(TM) I will have my revenge. Or something.

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
Ha! Good to hear, NSA. I guess this would be a good time for an update on mine. I forgot when I first posted about the truck that I needed to make an adjustment. The arm on the steering servo was way off. When I turned the truck on and the front wheels snapped to their neutral position, they were turned almost all the way to either the left or right, can't remember which. So, used a small screwdriver to remove the arm from the servo, turned the truck on and re-connected it. Over the last year I've gotten it out a good few times, in the rain, mud, and all that good stuff and it has held up OK. Last week was the first time I noticed only the front wheels were spinning when I throttled. So the inside of the plastic drive shaft going to the back wheels got stripped. I'm gonna order the metal ones from the company. There's a lot of guys on youtube who get all the bells and whistles for these WPL trucks, and a couple have good tutorials on replacing drive shafts. Other than that, no issues. I 'm thinking about getting another WPL truck soon, maybe the deuce-and-a-half. Good to see that the other trucks are now being made with proportional throttle and steering.