Militia / Insurgents

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Ispired by NSA's and K-Tiger's ideas and customs, I decided to do this simple little dio.

Feel free to post your own customs and ideas in this thread. :)

Reactions: Digler

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What did you use to make the gun swivel, just a piece of tin and a nail?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
nice little dio Fled...

to everyone else, its clear Fleds a racist right?...i mean, why do the bad guys have to be black?!! :D

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
AWESOME! There is definitely a lack of "badguys" on the 1/18th scale. Would you mind sharing the kitbash formula for the figures and technical? They look like they walked straight off the cast of Black Hawk Down.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
AWESOME! There is definitely a lack of "badguys" on the 1/18th scale. Would you mind sharing the kitbash formula for the figures and technical? They look like they walked straight off the cast of Black Hawk Down.

I think everyone in this thread is no longer with us... at least on the forums. Fled is on Facebook though I know, probably the others too.

I do need to make some more OpFor though...

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I think everyone in this thread is no longer with us... at least on the forums. Fled is on Facebook though I know, probably the others too.

I do need to make some more OpFor though...
Same, man. No luck. I'm desperately trying to find fodder in 1/18 scale to make ISIS/Daesh Insurgents. Found some awesome kitbashed ones on ebay, but at $50 per figure...? I can't justify that.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
It's a little :racist: but I always just tried to find my GI JOES/other PoC figures...

You did a pretty good job there. I had someone suggest buying G.I. Joe's then trying to see soft good materials over that to get the Insurgent look I'm going for. I'm actually considering it.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
So I came back to this idea and I think it can be done with parts from Marauders, Inc. To fully kit two insurgents correctly, it would cost about $50.00-ish.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
I’m trying to do the same thing. I’m have real trouble finding 1/18 scale pick ups that don’t cost a fortune. Well done bro

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Wrapped up the ISIS pickup truck! Lemme know what you guys think. Accessories include IED, mines, and RPG.

P.S. note the ISIS commander in back (yes he's fair completion because his backstory will be he's either European/American in origin).

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Great job bro. Love the truck. If your looking for IS is fighters Star Wars geek sells all the head sculpts of the old 21st century insurgent fighters. If you buy them and a bunch of the new snake eyes bodies yours looking at insurgents for around 18 bucks each minus the cost and time to paint the heads. Add some cloth tunics and some guys with balaclava heads and you’ll have yourself a army of baddies. The snake eyes web gear also works well for the insurgents. I saw on the fighting 1/18th Facebook page that they basically sold a custom kit at their con years ago that was more or less the same formula. Hope it helps

Ps where you get the gun for top of your technical??? Thanks

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Great job bro. Love the truck. If your looking for IS is fighters Star Wars geek sells all the head sculpts of the old 21st century insurgent fighters. If you buy them and a bunch of the new snake eyes bodies yours looking at insurgents for around 18 bucks each minus the cost and time to paint the heads. Add some cloth tunics and some guys with balaclava heads and you’ll have yourself a army of baddies. The snake eyes web gear also works well for the insurgents. I saw on the fighting 1/18th Facebook page that they basically sold a custom kit at their con years ago that was more or less the same formula. Hope it helps

Ps where you get the gun for top of your technical??? Thanks
I ended up going with some Marauders Inc figures. And they will look really good once put together. The gun is a Chinese machine gun 3D printed from Shapeways.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Nice work! I used that same truck to make almost the same thing for my resistance fighters in my Terminator universe.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thank you. :) The version you have, I assume it had lenses where the headlights are? Mine only had stickers, so I had to dremel out the holes and fill them with hot glue.