1/18 Scale HH-53 "Super Jolly Green Giant" MH-53 Pave Low

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Love it bro. Yea the size of that is def on par with something BBI would have put out a while back

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I've got a real treat with the cockpit details. I'm going to fully kit it out with flight controls and all. I also plan to equip x3 .50 Caliber Machine Guns; two on the sides and one in the rear. Total crew of 5. I also wanna add some vehicle lift-cables to allow my humvee to be airlifted and some repel lines for fast roping my seal team in.

Last edited:

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Can you put it next to a Huey or Blackhawk for since comparison? I dont know what that Star Wars toy is.
Unfortunately I don't own either of those and they are way too far out of budget to ever own. Best I can do is show you a Joytoy Figure and the Humvee I customized next to it...

20200731_134543.jpg

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
It might be a little short on length and width but nothing to crazy. The landing gear and the sides are a lot of work if you wana make it a true pav low. Your well on your way though

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
It might be a little short on length and width but nothing to crazy. The landing gear and the sides are a lot of work if you wana make it a true pav low. Your well on your way though

I plan to sacrifice some chap mei c130 wings to fix the sides. My greater challenge is the sensor equipment on the front of the chopper. I would need to 3D print that, but I have no 3d printer and no knowledge of making 3d models to scale...
Screenshot_20200731-210514_Chrome.jpg

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
is that the true heros one from Toys R Us? I kept putting off snagging one when they were closing. Then when I went to buy one - of course they were all gone. :(

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
i Think I saw them at Kmart or Walmart. Don’t worry slay you’ll get another crack at it. They are still around. The one I saw was OD green

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
is that the true heros one from Toys R Us? I kept putting off snagging one when they were closing. Then when I went to buy one - of course they were all gone. :(
Yes. This was (before my paint and body work) the true hero's one.

i Think I saw them at Kmart or Walmart. Don’t worry slay you’ll get another crack at it. They are still around. The one I saw was OD green

This was green. I've done all the paint/body work.

My work was inspired by this beauty! This is NOT my chopper in the video. But I got the idea from this guy.

Reactions: raider33

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
I plan to sacrifice some chap mei c130 wings to fix the sides. My greater challenge is the sensor equipment on the front of the chopper. I would need to 3D print that, but I have no 3d printer and no knowledge of making 3d models to scale...
View attachment 13513

That’s a great idea with the wings. I would have never thought of that. I sacrificed a BBI patrol boat, cut the camera and stuff off and I’m turning my little bird into a AH-6 I Adding bbi hellfire missles to one side. 3-D printing might be the best choice for the front, if I see anything close I’ll post it for ya

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
That’s a great idea with the wings. I would have never thought of that. I sacrificed a BBI patrol boat, cut the camera and stuff off and I’m turning my little bird into a AH-6 I Adding bbi hellfire missles to one side. 3-D printing might be the best choice for the front, if I see anything close I’ll post it for ya
Much appreciated! No luck so far...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yes. This was (before my paint and body work) the true hero's one.

This was green. I've done all the paint/body work.

My work was inspired by this beauty! This is NOT my chopper in the video. But I got the idea from this guy.

Wow that is really well done.

I feel like it's got to be smaller than actual 1:18, but definitely close enough to be enjoyable.

My rough math shows it should be like 4.8 feet long to be realistic. Wow! And 1.4 feet tall. Thats a big bird.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's very similar one at Walmart right now, under their Kids Connection line. It's of cheaper construction, which may work to your advantage when the time to start cuttin' on it comes.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Wow that is really well done.

I feel like it's got to be smaller than actual 1:18, but definitely close enough to be enjoyable.

My rough math shows it should be like 4.8 feet long to be realistic. Wow! And 1.4 feet tall. Thats a big bird.
It might be 6-8 inches too short but this thing is friggin gigantic. The box it come in is huge. I think it’s longer and definitely taller then the Ac 130 they made a while back

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
There's very similar one at Walmart right now, under their Kids Connection line. It's of cheaper construction, which may work to your advantage when the time to start cuttin' on it comes.

that one is smaller then the green and blue versions although it has the same design.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
You did a great job.

Nowhere near your level of mastery I'm afraid! 😂

But for me - this is pretty good! I still need to figure out how to attach .50 cals to the side windows and the back loading ramp.

This is my idea for that...

Here is some miscellaneous 1:18 scale equipment!

20200804_081817.jpg

Last edited:

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I can see some more tweaks/etc but you've definitely made it look 100% less toy-like, and I think it looks really good!

It's definitely getting there! I just added some interior detail to the troop bay.
20200811_153851.jpg
This gunner will have a fully articulated .50 cal machine gun that will plug into that ammo box.