80 bucks for a Littlebird!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
When was the last time any of you saw an MD 500 (NOT the MH-6) at a store or in-stock at an e-tailer?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
so, how many PTE little-birds can you buy for that price?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Half a dozen or thereabouts.

Then again, you get what you pay for.

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
When was the last time any of you saw an MD 500 (NOT the MH-6) at a store or in-stock at an e-tailer?

i have 2 of them that i have picked up on ebay over the past 6 months. each of them were around $20 a piece. one of the auctions i won came with an MH and an MD. it was a buy it now for $25 and $15 for shipping.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Exception rather than the rule. 80 for an MD is fuck-all better than 300 for an AH-1W.

PFunk

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I'm selling a PTE ARH helo for a lot less than that, no figures, but it's loose mint.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Imagine what this stuff'll sell for once(all right, IF) the economy picks itself back up. Less people needing/wanting to sell them and more $ to spend on them.

Prices, (even on Ebay) are often inversely proportionate to the need/want to sell and the money people have to spend. Economy sucks, people want more for something. Economy is better, people don't need as much.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
hmmm...good time to get out of the hobby?

Well, not a bad time for sure. If you're thinking about selling now is probably the time.

on ebay. but what about the brothers in need?

Fiscal responsibility over bros, and bros over hoes :)

Imagine what this stuff'll sell for once(all right, IF) the economy picks itself back up. Less people needing/wanting to sell them and more $ to spend on them.

I think it'll be the opposite, if people start buying stuff in large quantities again then bbi will get back in the game and maybe jsi will release their hostage huey etc.

Right now the market is niche so it's getting expensive. Collectors are fighting other collectors for less and less product.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
You can no longer worry about giving bros a good price when things are getting so rare and expensive. If they want to trade something rare and expensive, then it works for both parties.

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
Fuck that noise. I really wanted a Little Bird so I dished about $40 from Small Joes and while it isn't as outlandish as what Apaches and Hueys are going for, I still felt somewhat ripped off.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
No Rex, you got your money's worth. The bbi versions are much better detail wise and are worth the higher price, but they are getting out of hand now. I paid $19.99 for mine at TRU when 25th Joes hit the pegs, but that was the last few months these things were on the shelf. :(

I never thought I would get the TOW version of the 500, but luckily AVAC acquired one in a lot and was willing to part with it for cheap.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'm still on the lookout for the one with the TOW launchers and enclosed cockpit. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one. I know there's someone fairly local to me trying to sell an MH-6 for like $25 bucks.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ah, not too familiar yet. Didn't realize there was another one. I was pleased with the PTE one, but it needs a lot of work detailing it. I almost snagged a second (also a second HMMWV) but don't have room right now.

The boxes are enormous, there's no reason they're so damned big considering the size of the chopper.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
No Rex, you got your money's worth. The bbi versions are much better detail wise and are worth the higher price, but they are getting out of hand now. I paid $19.99 for mine at TRU when 25th Joes hit the pegs, but that was the last few months these things were on the shelf. :(

I never thought I would get the TOW version of the 500, but luckily AVAC acquired one in a lot and was willing to part with it for cheap.

I see a raffle in our future:D

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if the company that has the molds to these pieces see or realize how much this stuff is going for. It's getting to the point of making me want to stop collecting because the fun is gone, The stuff goes for so much that It has priced me out..

On the other side of that coin would the company that re-release these products charge close to that amount to. God I just depressed myself..

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I wonder if the company that has the molds to these pieces see or realize how much this stuff is going for. It's getting to the point of making me want to stop collecting because the fun is gone, The stuff goes for so much that It has priced me out..

On the other side of that coin would the company that re-release these products charge close to that amount to. God I just depressed myself..

JSI seems to have priced their repaints at or around ebay prices, so....

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011

I say we roll back prices to 1965!!!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Over $300 for those 2 birds? Maybe I need to sell the 3 of mine and buy a new gun.

Nah, at this rate, hang on to them for about 2 more months and you can afford to buy yourself a light armored vehicle complete with .50 cal in the turret.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

They're only gonna get more expensive if Bbi doesn't do another run. I was fortunate to get all 3 of the small Bbi helos for around or just above original TrU retail.

Better clear out SmallJoes before MH-6s are hitting the century mark. You've been warned.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I would wait. I honestly think BBi would do another run on these since they are small enough that stores like TRU/Target would stock them since they don't take up much space and the retail on them are not much. Plus etailers will buy them as well.

These are just a perfect seller for BBi

oh, and they are the right size for a HT'er hands.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
But you can get 8 guys on an MH-6, most Joe fans can't handle that much awesome.

Plus there ain't no foot pegs!