1:18 Action Man 17th/21st Lancers Ceremonial

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
The 17th/21st Lancers was a cavalry regiment of the British Army from 1922 to 1993. It was formed in 1922 in England by the amalgamation of the 17th Lancers (Duke of Cambridge's Own) and the 21st Lancers (Empress of India's). From 1930 to 1939 it was deployed overseas; first in Egypt for two years, and then in India for seven. In 1938 the regiment was mechanised.

This is one of the more interesting and elaborate Action Man Ceremonials sets and has been on my list of customs since the start of this project. I considered several different figures, but the Bail Organa had the right type of boots and was the right height without having to swap parts. The helmet was a nightmare to scult and the top part took four attempts to get right. I considered various ideas for the plume, but eventually settled on the top kmot/ponytail from the Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior. THat may make a reappearence on a couple more figures I have planned. I originally used a wooden barbecue skewer for the lance with the head made from the Indiana JOnes spear of destiny, but it proved far too unwieldy: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40337&start=15 I was looking through my box of Star Wars accessories for some other parts and found a pike from the Rebel Honour Guard. I reduced the size on the pennants and redid the lance. I was going to leave it the dull silver colour it came as, but I thought I should make the same effort on that as I had on the figure.

Head: GI Joe Spy Troops Cross Hairs
Helmet: Sculpted
PlumL Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior
Figure: Star Wars Legacy Bail Organa
Lance: Star Wars Rebel Honour Guard
Pennants: Inkjet Cotton
Braid: Embroidery Thread
Front of Jacket/Trouser Trum/Belt/Helmet Trim: Inkjet Vinyl
White Piping: Vinyl Coachline Trim
Buttons: Pin Heads

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Very Cool!

what a wide range of parts used. I love these "oddball" customs that you never ever see. Thanks for sharing!