1:18 Chinook or Super Stallion?

Castroww

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
I was looking around though several forums, and Google looking for a 1:18 Army Chinook or Marine Super Stallion and I've git up with zilch. Well except for the Power Team chinook but it does nothing for me. I started looking for 1:18 models that I could use but the only ones I see are 1/72's. Anyone know of any that are in 1:18?

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Nope, none at all. I don't think there were even any plans to make either bird. I'd be all over either one… but at this point, that's a pipe dream.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Maybe, if Obama gets tossed out in 2012...

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I was looking around though several forums, and Google looking for a 1:18 Army Chinook or Marine Super Stallion and I've git up with zilch. Well except for the Power Team chinook but it does nothing for me. I started looking for 1:18 models that I could use but the only ones I see are 1/72's. Anyone know of any that are in 1:18?

1/48 is as close as you'll get :( I build plastic models myself, and am pretty well aware of most kits, and off the top of my head, I can't think of any kit in 1/18, the closest would be 1/16 or 1/20(mostly formula 1 cars in this scale)

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I can't believe there isn't at least an RC body in about the right scale

your not going to see many chinook body's for helicopters. Thats another hobby of mine :) The dual rotor system is not something you see on most helis, because this is what we do(or atleast try :D):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heSio_SQtY8

And since the dual rotor design of the chinook is meant for lifting power, it just doesn't suit our needs. You will rarely see scale helis.

The best chinook for this use I can think of is WAY out of scale, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsVi2zeAfrA&feature=relmfu

you would need to find a scratch built chinook for this. its the sad truth :(