1:18 Scale Guns

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
As part of my figure project I included a few guns that already had 3D models built. I've had 2 of those guns printed for the upcoming figure Kickstarter. Comparing the quality of these sculpts to my first set has re sparked my desire for the second set which failed at Kickstarter. Here are the 2 guns compared to Hasbro's offerings.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • m110-v2-000.jpg
    m110-v2-000.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
It wasn't set up well or advertised well. If I wasn't planning a KS right now I would retry it using prints that show the level of detail and improvement.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
They look nice,but honestly idk if an AK47 is a wise choice,because hasbro actually makes at least 3 different AK's for ME figures,and most Joe guys aren't that big on the small details,it should be obvious by their love for strangly scaled impractical vehicles..and your comparing the worst one too,lol.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They look nice,but honestly idk if an AK47 is a wise choice,because hasbro actually makes at least 3 different AK's for ME figures,and most Joe guys aren't that big on the small details,it should be obvious by their love for strangly scaled impractical vehicles..and your comparing the worst one too,lol.

Shut up. I've been wanting to get this thing forever.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Nice!

My thing is I've become weary of the average toy collector/enthusiast. some of their spending habits still boggle my mind,mostly their cheapness...not so much here,but the other place:D there's a lot of AK's on the market. That one looks far more realistic then any I've seen in 1:18,BUT the majority of the fan base which will be your customer base doesn't seem to care about realizm like we do here.

Either way,good luck to ya,and I hope it works out! I'd love if they had sling attachments! slinged weapons would sell well too imo,BUT I'm not exactly in tune with what everyone else likes,so I could be totally wrong,lol.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
These two guns are part of a larger project so I won't be doing anything with just them. If the other project succeeds however, I will have extras of these available.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Superb!
I should say you are at the biginning of the situation wich will cause everybody to rush on 3D printers and modelling. So..dont be so sad when everybody will do the same thing. I really belive that someday we will do our own figures at home...so we will only buy a 3D models, wich we later will print.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
A new M110 model added to first post. The studio that had been building my recent models offered to build this one for free.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Looks good,

One suggestion depending upon your level of expertise with 3D modeling.

If you have to go through the trouble of getting/ordering a copy for molding then Copy the single gun into a branch of parts & make it a 5 pack.

IT will make molding them easier later too. (Who wants just one gun anyways.)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Looks good,

One suggestion depending upon your level of expertise with 3D modeling.

If you have to go through the trouble of getting/ordering a copy for molding then Copy the single gun into a branch of parts & make it a 5 pack.

IT will make molding them easier later too. (Who wants just one gun anyways.)

The only 3D printing I would do with these is just to test out the scaling. These were designed for production. They would be put on a tree and used as a single mold.