1:18th tools?

Dec 16, 2011
St. Louis
Howdy folks. New to these boards and hope to contribute some great dios. I'm currently working on fleshing out a weapons room with hand tools. Anyone know a good place to find them? I don't need the automotive tool sets with welders and tanks. More like plyers, wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, etc. that don't look too goofy and out of scale. I have one model kit that will work but its a rare japanese one I haven't seen anywhere else and the tools are too finely detailed to make my own copies so once they're used they're used. Any help is much appreciated!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
There is a seller on e bay that usually has sets fairly reasonable. Stuff like that is difficult to find outside of e bay.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Marauder Gun Runners' site has a few tools listed: bolt cutters, sledge hammer, axe, shovel, and a few others, but nothing as small as a screw driver, or hammer.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the case that comes with Doc has plyers and flashlight in it (leatherman)

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
don't know about pre-existing tool, but styrene is actually really quite easy to work with, and at that size you could even possibly get away with printing out images on a heavy weight paper or even card stock. Then just go at it with your x acto.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Playmobil accessories often work well with 1:18 scale figures. They have a wood working playset that comes with tools. They may be brightly colored, but a quick repaint/wash and they should be good to go.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hey willwork... What did you end up using? Because I saw this thread late after seeing the weapons room finished and wondered myself where you got those small tools.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shovels and axes are easily found from PTE. Mauls from Shock Troopers.

The McFarlane The Walking Dead Michonne comes with a 1:18 claw hammer and her battery-powered drill may work, too.

Dec 16, 2011
St. Louis
Hey willwork... What did you end up using? Because I saw this thread late after seeing the weapons room finished and wondered myself where you got those small tools.

I ended up resorting to cutting a few of the tools I was saving from a sprue to use some bare minimums from a shop scene model I was saving.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
GMP diecast models used to have some great welding sets...they were for 1:18th cars...i'm sure you could still find them online

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They need to half the cost of that shit. I see it all the time in the Summit catalog, along with c-note+ diecast cars.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too bad they don't do a parts washing cabinet and an emergency shower/eyewash station.

They'd make for a pretty accurate government contracted helicopter mechanic hanger dio teamed up with the tool boxes.