21st Century M3 A3 Halftrack

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I’ve had this one several years and today I was loafing around the house and decided to pull it off the top shelf and throw some troops in it. There’s about 5 different division patches if you look closer 🤭 2nd Armored, 1st, 2nd, and 29th Infantry, and even a 101st Airborne guy😉

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I’ve had this one several years and today I was loafing around the house and decided to pull it off the top shelf and throw some troops in it. There’s about 5 different division patches if you look closer 🤭 2nd Armored, 1st, 2nd, and 29th Infantry, and even a 101st Airborne guy😉

Wooooooof! Those figure joints are baaaaad. I love the vehicle, but the articulation on those leaves a lot to be desired. Have you looked at the Marauders, Inc WW2 figures? They're pretty nice. So are the upcoming joytoy ones!

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Lol, I’ve got the Marauder figures but they are too big for this halftrack. I couldn’t even add the accessories such as magazine pouches and canteens to seat them in the back. I’m more military toy collector than military modelist so the funky early 21st joints don’t bother me for background troops. I plan on getting some Joy Toy stuff when it’s released and set up my display with the halftrack in the background with funky troops riding and the marauder/Joy Toy on foot out front slogging through the mud or even riding the M4 Sherman tank I recently picked up. If you buy the halftrack realize that it’s cramped and not modern figure friendly. The 21st driver I’m using is one I have with a missing leg and he was still a tight fit. Of course the commander position is large enough for more modern troops.

Reactions: pcsguy88

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I won’t buy the halftrack simply because I owned it before and sold it off. I made it a rule that I will not rebuy stuff. Guess that just means I finally have an excuse to get that 1:16 r/c Firefly I’ve been putting off.

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I wish I had that determination 😉 I can’t remember the times I’ve gotten rid of a tank or something else and then someone posted a picture and it’s like I’m seeing it for the first time 🤭