'42 WLA Harley Davidson WIP

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
I finally pulled the trigger on picking up a Maisto '42 WLA Harley. I knew going in that I was going to do some modding and customizing to it to make it better, but I had no idea how. After some brainstorming, this is what I came up with to start from:

The first project was to make the rifle scabbard functional. I considered just cutting down a thompson and gluing it on to look like it was sticking out of the scabbard, I thought about drilling the original stock out to fit a Thompson, but in the end I decided the best way was going to make a new fully functional scabbard. I ended up using Gaff Tape to make it, and after a few failed expirements, came up with something I liked.

The new scabbard ended up being a little bigger than the original but the Thompson fits!

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to replace the saddlebags with functional ones.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That strap across the top is actually part of the bike, and should OD as well.

I confined most of the mods on mine to the paint category, though I did add a Dragon M1910 e-tool to the holster.

And in some of the best detailing I've ever seen, they actually have the text on the oil bath case.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
That scabard looks great, it even has texture!

I have the same bike and the only thing I've done to it so far is add some weathering.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I've been trying to figure out the same thing for some saddlebags for a Monkeywrench custom. Only I'm going with leather cases than bags because it's suppose to be similar to the setup James Colburn has in Duck, You Sucker.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I suppose they could be molded and then cast in latex rubber, then painted with a mix of prosaide and latex.

The positive...you'll be able to open them.
The drawback...they won't last forever.