5" Shao Kahn Playset review

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Got this guy early in December but had to wait for Christmas to open. I think it was 39.99, maybe 34.99. Sorry really can't remember. I really like this playset. The throne is awesome. Skull head is solid, rubbery plastic, base is very solid as well. It sounds hollow but is molded on all sides. Skull is glued or pegged somehow on rest of throne and base. The pillars are identical sets with removable shackles. Shao Kahn is huge compaired to ther MK figures like he should be. Could be a great base figure for a He-Man like figure. Mine will stay Kahn. For dio enthusiasts, I think this set is worth it for the Throne alone. Here are the pics. Goro set coming soon.......

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
May work for Dr. Jones, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, or Schleich/Papo fantasy stuffesses.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
oh damn.. i need to find one of those.. i could make that thing look fuckin sweeeeeeeeeet

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
It needs some paint Medd. It looks great...but you need to add some of your 'charm' to it.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
this is very cool. Wasn't aware this even existed. Where'd yo get it from?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I find all my MK figures at TRU. I was there yesterday and they had restocked them so they are still shipping. Entertainment Earth has them for Pre-order as well.

I do plan on weathering it Dre, gonna build a whole dio around it. Probably a shelf dio for the whole line.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I figured you would...it just looks so plain.

Take a group shot of your figures. I want to see Nightwolf.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I figured you would...it just looks so plain.

Take a group shot of your figures. I want to see Nightwolf.

K bro, Give me a few minutes. Goro, Johnny Cage and Lui Kang are not here yet but scheduled for arrival next week. Only a couple more to go after them for the complete set. Need Ermac, Klassic Smoke, Rain and MK9 Reptile. MK9 Reptile is gonna be the hardest to get, He's $30 everywhere I look. I'll probably order the others this week.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Can't wait to see Goro.

Know if there are any plans for Kintaro?

No idea, They seem to be producing the same guys in the small and large line. If that is the case, Jax and Kano are next. By the looks of Goro armor, he is wearing a Kintaro shoulder piece so it is a possibility. I may go to BigLots to get a PTE Horse to try to make a Motoro. I am really hoping for the Women. Sonya and Mileena especially, hoping Mileena will have a Tarkatan alternate head. But, we'll see if Jazwares sees women the same way as Hasbro.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
That's so cool! Thanks for the review Medd! I need to get one of those.