50th Lady Jaye VS Baroness Social Clash 2 pack

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Recently purchased this set,and have to admit I like it a lot!

Weapons wise,nothing we haven't seen before..just the Baroness's usual,and Retaliation Lady Jaye's complete loadout!! only now in BLACK!! And lots of BLACK GUNS&KNIVES!! Really helps when trying to cobble together some level of completeness with those DG troopers everyone has in their collection. This pack is pretty much a accessory pack by itself!

The baroness is pretty much identical to the earlier 25th 5 pack set. The first,and most obvious difference between the two is the gold emblem on the left shoulder of the 50th version. In hand the 50th version in inferior in almost every way to the earlier released version,fit&finish,paint apps,all that..another noticeable difference is the silver used. It's brighter on the 50th version. Also the flesh tone is a lot more pale on the 50th version.

The real gem of the set is obviously Lady Jaye. Personally I prefer the 50th over the exclusive NF version in a lot of ways,but fit&finish once again come into play. The biggest issue is the head. Unlike the arms that are molded in flesh,it is painted flesh,robbing a lot of detail from the sculpt. Also the head appears to me made out of the same brown plastic as the webgear! Besides that the skin tone on the arms is warmer then the NF version,and the torso matches the shocktrooper legs a lot better as well.

This lady jaye is also petite,which I like a lot! she's a lot shorter then most of the newer female figures,and pulls off the look quite well IMO.

Last edited:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
If I ever find these and can get multiples...what will I do with the extra Baronesses....LJ looks like a good starting point for customs...especially if I can get rid of the popped collar. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ugh, can't believe I'm gonna buy this just for LJ. Already have the original release of that Baroness, and looks like all of the accessories are shite that will be traded or go in the parts bags, never to be seen again.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably just generic Hasbro regional distribution info.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Probably never see these because my local TRU ordered too many of the pegwarmers.

...which I bought anyways.

I like the gold/bronze stands and that these reissues of Blowtorch and Lowlight have gold stars to separate them from the previous releases. Other than the nice lettering on Blowtorch's tanks, everything is cheap.

HEAT Viper just sucks ass. Big Time!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
But HEAT viper is ARAH accurate!! And walking around with enough explosives on his feet to dislodge the threads from an Abrams. Coooo-bbrraaaa!!!

I think I would rather be in the zombie viper program than be one of those walking mortars.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
"Threads"

It's not just because he's ARAH. It's because of how he's inaccurate, how poor the helmet is in mimicking the original as well as being poorly casted. The hands are too soft and the launcher is made of the same cheap plastic. The paint apps suck big time.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
The soft plastic is the truth! Put a rifle in this lady Jaye's hands,and the hand pops right out of the arm! lol.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Got the Flint and Eel set. Waste of money. The casted figures are horrible from a quality standpoint (lots of divets, flashing, cheap paint apps). The weapons are cheap with tons of flashing. Some of the knives look like they belong with a true heroes set.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The only pics of the weapons I've seen were on a white background so they were washed out. Sure like to see how shitty they are.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
They're pretty shitty, I posted a pic in the haul thread, but the quality may not have been to your liking, cell phone camera doesn't always capture great detail.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
The axe? Getting one,or flint holding it?

I'm going to have fifty 50th figures tomorrow:D I hope the half I'm keeping turn out ok!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Those knives are stupid. They don't even look like they belong in a Joe line.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I got my 50th sets in ,and the troopers are fine!

The two in the front(obviously)the rest are DG troopers. The hip pins are loose in the two I've opened so far....nothing that isn't fixable tho. I'm not too happy about the missing paint apps on the belt&elbow pads. POC/30th troopers are still the best detail wise. Wave 1 DG's are prolly the best cause of color.