A bit surprised

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It's been over a week and I have seen few pics and 0 reviews of the new movie Joes. Are they so expensive and crappy that no one here is buying or wanting to share?

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
It's been over a week and I have seen few pics and 0 reviews of the new movie Joes. Are they so expensive and crappy that no one here is buying or wanting to share?

They seem to going up at least one every couple of days on General's Joes...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well XOC has a bunch that he is working on I guess. I have not had time and since he is doing the same ones I figured to let him have at it. Of course, anyone is welcome to do them. There is no restrictions on it. We just do them a certain format I guess for the front page. I have not even looked at the format to be honest. I barely had time to take pics of CC's Vacation.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
Have seen very little around here. Nobody seems to be playing with them or talking about them.

Well, I'd love to, except...

This is all I've seen of Retaliation since they supposedly hit shelves.

The repacking piece of shit even took the launcher, but left the ripcord and the missiles! WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I'm awaiting mine coming from overseas sailing across the pacific ocean from somewhere to my little corner of the world.

Well, I'd love to, except...

This is all I've seen of Retaliation since they supposedly hit shelves.

The repacking piece of shit even took the launcher, but left the ripcord and the missiles! WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?!

The worst, that's who.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Reviews are coming! XOC has around 20 planned. We had a event planned for early next month but we've decided to push it up tonight. Rest easy people.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
The worst, that's who.

You know, it's bad enough that Kentucky sucks ass and finds are mediocre AT BEST, but then this douchebag goes around between here and Lexington and pulls this shit!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I posted this in the Haul thread not too ling ago. Consider it a short review on a couple figures
I bought a GI Joe Retaliation Trooper and Joe Colton today. One of my nearby Wal-Marts had a ton of figures and many three packs.

I have to say, that the GI Joe Retaliation Trooper is hands down the WORST FIGURE I have bought since the 25th anniversary series, and I will probably repack him in his box with all his crap and take him back. He is most certainly not worth ten dollars.

Where do I even begin? Oh yeah! The plastic used to make him isn't even plastic! It's a flimsy, craptacular rubber, and his legs are all bent out of shape. His upper legs are a different shade of green than the rest of the figure, making him look even cheaper. He almost has no paint application, and they decided to paint his shovel a nice, bright, orange, target which is also inconstant with the aesthetic of the figure. I can't believe there is a variant with a blue cape and mask. For a blatant and shameless Master Chief look-a-like, he looks boring, is made of crap, and for some reason, is wearing bell bottom pants. Bungie/Microsoft have every right to sue the living hell out of Hasbro and Paramount.

The only saving graces for the figure is the fact that he holds the guns with ease and can look down the sights and scope fairly well. He also comes with a few neat looking guns, but that's about it! The extra head sculpt is kind of bland, and has a lazy eye, much like many of the Ayla Secura figures. This figure is definitely not army builder material in light of the fact that he is difficult to find and that he looks and feels like a cheap knock off of a GI Joe action figure that should have costed only three dollars. The GI Joe Trooper is the most over rated figure I've ever had the misfortune of wasting money on. Hasbro, I am disappoint!

Joe colton on the other hand is all right. He comes with a goofy spring loaded rocket pod, which might end up being more useful than the ROC launchers if I can attach it to a vehicle like a HISS tank or something. His web gear severily limits the pose ability in his arms but is easily removed. Once removed, he can hold almost any weapon in almost any pose you like, even the goofy over sized orange gun that should have been molded in black plastic. His head sculpt is "meh" but works for the character and the figure is very good. It is solid, has weight, and above all looks and feels like an actual GI Joe action figure and not cheap crap! It might be worth getting an extra Joe Colton, so people can do an easy fix custom on POC Recondo so he will not have to always be looking down anymore.

TL;DR summary

Joe Trooper sucks ass and Joe Colton is good.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I can't do reviews. Figures are usually in pieces or rearranged within 5 minutes of entering my office.

I have in one thread, a few fixes toColton and Flint.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I posted this in the Haul thread not too ling ago. Consider it a short review on a couple figures

I love the 4 troopers I have, but then again they are riding in a Warthog. ;)

I really want to know about Lady Jay and the Camo Duke that has the Trooper's body. The 3pk Joes look interesting also. My stores only have the exact same wave 1 figures from last year.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I love the 4 troopers I have, but then again they are riding in a Warthog. ;)

I really want to know about Lady Jay and the Camo Duke that has the Trooper's body. The 3pk Joes look interesting also. My stores only have the exact same wave 1 figures from last year.

That Duke uses original legs. Mouse is the only one that I think uses those trooper legs.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I found the whole wave about a week and half ago. LOTS of cases worth. I grabbed up several figures, scanned them, then balked at the $9.99 price. Was trying to figure out which one I would want the most when my son came up to me with the Rancor LEGO set.

I didn't buy any Joes.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
Just looked at my Troopers... Ultimate Duke's legs are even better. Sweet!

They'll definitely be replacing the Cobra Trooper/Perfect Snake Eyes legs as my default legs. Just need them in blue... and to find Duke before Repacking PoS does.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm just now seeing the damn things, and I'm not sure I can handle the price point for what's currently available. Perhaps wave 3.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

Lady Jaye is a repaint of Renegades Scarlett with a new head.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I've bought most of what I want out of what's currently out. Except that new Lady Jaye and Joe Colton.

The price point irks me a bit, but there's not much we can do about that.

My care for Joes have been steadily waning this past year. I think I may have been due to the fact that I was really looking forward to the joes LAST year, but then the release was delayed.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, people in the Michigan/Ohio area need to buy up wave 1 from Meijers. The ones near me had them at $5.22 apiece, others had them at $6.97. But they won't re order until people buy up wave 1.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Besides getting the 3packs with Firefly, our stores have only put out wave 1 trash, if anything at all. Red ninja and trooper aside, there's nothing remotely even useful from that wave. I think I spotted one Wv2 Rockblock at TRU but didn't even bother looking at him closely.

Even with ROC, I was excited for fodder. This line, meh. Maybe when stuff actually shows up, but I'm not preordering shit until Wave 3. I'll likely get the entire wave then.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The price point irks me a bit, but there's not much we can do about that.

Sure there is...don't buy them :p

Yeah, people in the Michigan/Ohio area need to buy up wave 1 from Meijers. The ones near me had them at $5.22 apiece, others had them at $6.97. But they won't re order until people buy up wave 1.

No Joes in my locals meijers stores...none at all

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm pretty much only getting Lady Jay for two reasons. 1.) so I can headswap her with my no wrist articulation 25th Lady Jay, and 2.) that arsenal of weapons. I wonder if you could repaint her hair a lighter, more blonde color and just call her Cover Girl, since she does not look like Lady Jay.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
We don't even have whatever a meijers is.

They're pretty much a privately owned version of Walmart only they're relatively decent to their employees by comparison. Their prices are on par with Wally World but add to it awesome sales, better selection, and the cheapest prices for Joes.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm pretty much only getting Lady Jay for two reasons. 1.) so I can headswap her with my no wrist articulation 25th Lady Jay, and 2.) that arsenal of weapons. I wonder if you could repaint her hair a lighter, more blonde color and just call her Cover Girl, since she does not look like Lady Jay.

I was going to make Scarjo my Covergirl. It was Nicole Kidman.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I only get to go to Meijers when visiting family up in Ohio. They seem like a pretty well run operation.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Sure there is...don't buy them :p
touché lol

What is the "no wrist articulation 25th Lady Jaye"?

That's what I'm going to do with her should I ever find her: She'll be my Cover Girl. I'm not going to paint her hair mainly cuz I have no experience doing things like that. heh.