A few recent spotings...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
-almost 1:18th arcade cabinet from Wal-Mart that actually has a working/playable game...for $5! Top of the cabinet is eye level with most figures, but works great with kid sized figures....did I mention it was $5 BUCKS!!
-bag of dogs and cats at Dollar Tree. The cats aren't 1:18th, but most of the dogs are
-1:18-ish go-cart at local farm supply store. Might not work unless the figure is super skinny and has double knee joints.
-LARGE assortment of 1:18th vehicles at Wal-Mart. Cement truck, fire truck, trash truck, tow truck and a really nice "plumbers van" complete with in-scale port-a-potty with opening door and commode inside. Down-side, they have "lights and sound" that are activated by large buttons.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Sorry Ed, I don't actually have any of this stuff except one of the mini arcade cabinets.

And I have to add that I am pretty impressed with the vehicles at WM. The doors at least on the drivers side opened (other side was blocked by the box) and it looked like a figure could actually fit inside, although there was no room under the dash to place the legs. If they do fit, the legs would have to be at a complete right angle. But as always, it might be possible to cut out a space in the dash area/fire wall for legs to fit.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Here's a photo of some of the mini arcade cabinets. The one I have is Galaxian and I'm pretty impressed how great the game plays and the graphics look, it seriously is just like playing a shrunken arcade game! The sound effects might not be 100% accurate, but they aren't way off either. I should also add that the vehicles I saw, SOME of the details are just a tiny bit on the cartoonish side like this trash truck. But then you have the bucket truck and it actually looks pretty nice.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 5
  • tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 8
  • ttt.jpg
    ttt.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably the same thing I did with that 1"16 EC145: A whole lot of nothing.:crying:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Which is also pretty much exactly what I did with that 1:18 camper vehicle that could only be bought from Germany for 100's of $$, but then showed up on Amazon a few years ago for almost nothing. Got one, weathered the wheels.....and nothing since then.

hardcorps

The Unwashed
Mar 27, 2014
near Harrisburg, Pa
Have you guys seen the "built to drive" line at target? I am guessing 1:16 like the bruder line. They are very similar in build and size to bruder, not brand name vehicles-ie the bulldozer which looks a lot like a Cat D-9 is not Caterpillar brand-and a few less model like details but very nice. I picked up the bulldozer and backhoe. I was considering the crane and/or fire engine, but they are huge at 1:16 scale and like you guys mentioned, what would you do with them?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I haven't seen these, but I don't frequent that isle of Target. I'll have to take a look next time I'm in.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Have you guys seen the "built to drive" line at target? I am guessing 1:16 like the bruder line. They are very similar in build and size to bruder, not brand name vehicles-ie the bulldozer which looks a lot like a Cat D-9 is not Caterpillar brand-and a few less model like details but very nice. I picked up the bulldozer and backhoe. I was considering the crane and/or fire engine, but they are huge at 1:16 scale and like you guys mentioned, what would you do with them?

Build a 1:16th scale Devastator to terrorize the troops and any children you have?