Acid Rain Tanker, former Soviet Control Zone

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Finished this one over the weekend -- a Tanker from the former Soviet Union

"Northeast of Gafia, in the former Soviet Control Zone, a lone tanker watches for enemy movement."

The mask and tubing was a huge PITA to mod, but I think I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Source images:

http://www.russianarmysurplus.com/media/products/tankist.jpg

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...beast-1988-afghanistan-tb-browningm2tanka.jpg

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dig it simply because it ties the ARW with the real world. Kudos on the hose mod, too. I'm a fan of the aesthetic of hose and bag gas masks.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Thanks man, I'm a fan of the hose and bag look too and I think it really works with ARW. I actually used one of those Lego hoses, though it's somewhat inflexible and I had to heat it up with a lighter to make it bend and stay properly in place.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was brainstorming an anti-tank hunter-killer team and was leaning to the hose and bag. Then I remembered what these cost and that I'd have to do at least a 3-man cell, and, well, things start to go sideways.

I have the parts all set aside, so the trench-raider might still happen. If only these were $8-$10 cheaper. :trollface:

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
You're telling me. Now I'm searching for loose 1/18 - 1/16 scale PPSh's that would work with the line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Horroshow's head has been recast by Vortious, and probably others.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Thanks to F118th's own Daremo, my Soviet style gas mask sculpt came out awesome!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Then he wouldn't feel German. I've got a dolled-up Marauder RPK that I could pair with that head to do a Russian crusader in the New Persian Empire.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Finished a whole team of Soviet Tankers + a trooper in a Chemical Suit

I'm pretty damn stoked at how these turned out. Thanks again to Daremo for casting my gas mask sculpt.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Finished a whole team of Soviet Tankers + a trooper in a Chemical Suit

I'm pretty damn stoked at how these turned out. Thanks again to Daremo for casting my gas mask sculpt.

For serious, if Kit was aping the melded real world/AR World style you and a few others have using I'd be a lot more apt to throw $30 bucks a pop at them. Oh, and a backside shot of the center RPG gunner, bitte!

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I stayed pretty simple with the RPG satchel. Ended up using a 3A WWRP ammo pouch, which ended up doing what I needed it to do.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Decided that my Acid Rain World Soviet tankers needed an expanded universe.

I bashed about 20 different parts and accessories with the V48 Cobra Commander figure to make a Soviet Highway Police Officer. I had almost forgotten how annoying Joes were to customize, ugh.

Anyhow, I'm pretty happy with the final result. Enjoy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now i want to see you do ARW versions of Oprichnina and NKVD agents.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Hah, thanks guys. I'll work on some other factions soon.

Btw, anyone know a source for a 1/18 soviet police car?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A VAZ, GAZ or Lada? There are a couple of different GAZ models (Volga and an M22 station wagon) in I want to say a Warsaw Pact-era Czech livery, and a Volga in East German Volkspolizei livery.

They aren't cheap, and will likely need to be bought from overseas. Lot of hassle for a figure-incompatible prop.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I was thinking a lada, but your logic is unfortunately true.

Was hoping for something similar to what the police used in the living daylights, but yeah, too much hassle.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
My Acid Rain Soviet world continues to grow. I picked up a loose Uncle Kunio a few weeks ago and inspired by the 3A Dead Cosmonaut, I decided to paint and bash up my own Acid Rain dead cosmonaut.

Helmet Detail. Note the CCCP markings.

I'll take some better photos in a bit, but the clear coat literally just dried and I couldn't wait to show this one off.

Dragasses

The Unwashed
May 8, 2011
It's been entirely too long since I've been here, but cory, your work is astounding.

the cosmonaut is beyond rad.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I love this, I absolutely LOVE this!

For some reason I have always loved skeletons in space suits.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Thanks guys. My next part of the project is to put together a burnt up cockpit section for him to sit in.

I also want to swap out heads, so I can have him as a living cosmonaut as well. Anyone have a spare GIJ 25th Ace space helmet lying around?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
You should make a Soviet era re-entry vehicle for him...or some sort of Russian era capsule.

Ohh....and Laika! Too bad there aren't any realistic dog skeletons out there. There's the Rement skeleton dog, but I don't know about that.

Question, how did you do the CCCP on the helmet?