AH-1w Dragonfly. Very Cool!

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I sold this a little over a week ago and ninjapleazeeguy transformed it into a very cool piece. Nice Job on his part. Gutsy too:

"What the 25th Dragonfly should have been!

I'll start off my 2011 custom line with the Dragonfly....Inspired when I saw the True Heroes' Apache at Toys R Us.. brought it home and was not impressed by the size of it so I went out and picked up a 21st Century AH-1W Super Cobra Gunship Helicopter. Cost me roughly 180 shipped of Ebay.

Pretty simple custom... basically a repaint with no extra modding needed.. enjoy my Tankers..."

Here's the before pictures:

[/QUOTE]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If i wasn't missing a set of TOWs i'd probably do the same.

Well, lighter OD repaint, anyhow. I don't think i'd bother with Dragonfly stickers.

What's the deal with the M197? Were the barrels missing or is that something he did?

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
If i wasn't missing a set of TOWs i'd probably do the same.

Well, lighter OD repaint, anyhow. I don't think i'd bother with Dragonfly stickers.

What's the deal with the M197? Were the barrels missing or is that something he did?

No, the M179 was complete. That is more of his creation. Perhaps to make it look smaller like the original Dragonfly.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
looks really good...if i were him i'd throw a dullcoat over the shiny Joe decals...

if only i could score one of these for a sane person price...such a nice looking whirly

i did something similar to my Apache...its a decent stand-in

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apache's have better range, anyhow.

Now that i figured out what to do about the M197 issue (Tomahawk chin gun, bitches!) i just have to figure out what to do about the missing panels. May not have to shit-can the Cobra after all!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I should, but i couldn't get enough to bother with the headache of shipping. I could Afro-engineer the gun access cover with some futuristic sighting doohickey, but there's no way to fake the starboard side lower engine access.

Sad part is i woulda gave the guy 10 bucks for the gun.

*le sigh*

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Looks sweet, but he should have finished painting the trim on the canopy...