Airwolf

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Same here, there were a few Kickstarters at the time that were questionable.

lucky for me the ones I backed either didn’t fund or made it to full production.

I never was able to sell off the motorcycle transformer. 🤷‍♂️

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I got screwed by "Club ARAH" like a decade ago (guy supposedly got cancer and used all the funds for his medical bills... supposedly). And then I got taken again by the Kickstarter for 1:12 soldiers (long before Vala or Classified), the Army Alphas. That dude stole nearly 100k, and kickstarter was like, oooops, sorry, we can't control what people do... which is true, but they could at least freeze funds, report fraud to the cops, etc. Acting like they had no involvement really pissed me off... since they got their cut.

Thus I'm far more likely to wait on new projects unless they're done by known companies like Marauders... and even their 'Nam project is going to end up taking a full three years. It funded in the summer of '21.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Part of Kickstarter is making the case that you can put out what you say.

While believe many of these people thought they had enough connections & honestly thought they could do it themselves. The reality is they underestimated the costs, business plan & had no real backup plan.

China manufacturing is like working with a bad contractor who always asks for a little more.