Animal Planet Submarine

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
Has anyone else picked this up...I saw it today at toys r us and thought with minimal work it could be painted and turned into a Joe or Cobra sub...but the more I stare at it with lots of work on the tail end it could be a really cool Cobra heavy dropship chopper. Your thoughts?

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
the bottom...fenders...not sure of the correct submarine terms open up to reveal some claw arms that extend out.

If I make it a sub that is where I would put the torpedo tubes

If I make it a gunship I'm not sure but would like to make similar to the Cobra Gunship freight copter from the old marvel comic, pictured below.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
In the town... where I was born, lived a man, who sailed to sea.
And he told us of his life, in the land of submarines...

Sorry, lol. Looks cool, but the yellow needs to go.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Huge amount of work to do to make it a passable helicopter, especially one looking to replicate a CH-54. Chap Mei already did a Joescale one anyhow. I really think the Black Shark sub would make for a better helo, but I've yet to see a US sighting.

I can't look at it without seeing a '30s-'40s comic space ship, along the lines of Buck Rodgers.

Darkwind01

Enlisted
Nov 19, 2012
Looking very promising. . .
How much was it??
And what other features/pics do you have of it?

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
Looking very promising. . .
How much was it??
And what other features/pics do you have of it?

27.99 at toys r us...got 2 leds up front and makes various ocean sounds, pinging radar, etc. It has seats for 4 people. Two extendable/retractable grapple arms

I will try to remember to take some more pics this weekend with the rest of the accessories

Where do we all live?

Umm, I'm in Louisiana

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
Huge amount of work to do to make it a passable helicopter, especially one looking to replicate a CH-54. Chap Mei already did a Joescale one anyhow. I really think the Black Shark sub would make for a better helo, but I've yet to see a US sighting.

I can't look at it without seeing a '30s-'40s comic space ship, along the lines of Buck Rodgers.

I never even knew that was a real helicopter, thanks k-tiger!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You know Joe collectors. Without that Hasbro stamp they freeze up faster than Shania Twain.

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
You know Joe collectors. Without that Hasbro stamp they freeze up faster than Shania Twain.

Ha...pretty much, i venture out a little mainly on vehicles for something different, but occasionally the non hasbro figure or two. I did win an auction the other day for some soldier of fortune ww2 figs...i plan on customizing them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There isn't much out there that is gonna top what Hasbro is doing with figures, at least most of the time.

But there is such a huge world of superior vehicles out there.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
There isn't much out there that is gonna top what Hasbro is doing with figures, at least most of the time.

But there is such a huge world of superior vehicles out there.

agreed!

this submarine looks pretty good! I hope that the german toysrus will have it.

I also hope for a release of the other black submarine (shark something)!

fortunately, till now, german toysrus has

the repaint of the animal planet research lab
http://www.toysrus.de/product/index.jsp?productId=16240801

and restocked the chinook style heli
http://www.toysrus.de/product/index.jsp?productId=15427071