Any Crimson HISS tanks sightings?

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I'm a sucker for most things Crimson, and was looking forward to picking up a couple of the Crimson HISSes at retail. I haven't seen any, though, even though my area (Western NY) has been getting a lot better about stocking new figures and vehicles.

BBTS has had them available for a while now. Have they showed up at any brick-and-mortar stores yet?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Nothing near me. Target is still sitting on two Sky Strikers from months ago so I doubt they'll see them. Wal mart near me is pretty beat too. They were good for the 30th when it came out but now it's blah.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
all the wal-marts around here are clogged with those shitty Vtol helicopters with the faggot for a pilot. Vamps have become rare, never-mind the Crimson repaints.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
If they do turn up there it's still cheaper shipped than BBTS I think. Hell, maybe Tuesday Mornings will see them. They got some vehicles too.

Just ordered two from Small Joes. Shipped, two are $54, or $27 each. I was hoping for cheaper than that from retail, but say la vie

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
What I save in gas money is a big factor in me deciding what to order online. That, and the incalculable cost of not having to worry about finding an object you want....

It is odd, though that the Crimson HISS showed up online at a couple different places, but apparently not at retail anywhere.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well you have to figure retailers would have had to order the cases and the old ones are not moving well.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I got mine from BBTS a couple weeks ago. It's awesome. I don't think they'll be hitting retail anytime soon. There's such a glut of Skystrikers shelf warming at Target, TRU and Walmart. I'm certainly not buying anymore. I bought my 2, and that's my limit.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Got mine from Kokomo Toys. Snatch it up as soon as you see it.

I've only known KT to have figures. I didn't realize they do new vehicles, too. I should check out their website more often.

It's a shame to have to resort to ordering online. I'd like to think if I buy from Target/Walmart/TRU, it will give them more confidence in the brand and encourage them to order more from Hasbro, and Hasbro will make more. But if the brick-and-morters don't want to take any chances, they lose out in the opportunity to earn my money. Their loss...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I went to wal-mart today. The amount of rednecks there was at critical mass. GI Joes seem to be selling well (that or they're back to their old shenanigans of only restocking once every month or two). There were no Crimson hiss tanks (what a shocker), but there was a shit ton of Black Dragon VTOLs.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
my walmart just got them in.

I've only known KT to have figures. I didn't realize they do new vehicles, too. I should check out their website more often.

It's a shame to have to resort to ordering online. I'd like to think if I buy from /Walmart/TRU, it will give them more confidence in the brand and encourage them to order more from Hasbro, and Hasbro will make more. But if the brick-and-morters don't want to take any chances, they lose out in the opportunity to earn my money. Their loss...

your so right if we buy them from the store it shows the line can grow. to bad the stores wont get new stuff in more often.

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
sorry guys,had to get mine from ebay...but then i do live in england and we dont get it stocked over here.

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
I found four this morning(wal mart and TRU) .. I passed on them shits! :D I already scored a bunch at ross back when they were in black .. I don't need a kaleidoscope of hiss'

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Both walmart and toys r us have them in my area, looks to be just collecting dust. I initially got mine from bbts because I figured they would be as hard to find as the black one.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I've seen a few actually. I even bought one then returned it, because I don't want 3 HISS tanks lol.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I've seen a few actually. I even bought one then returned it, because I don't want 3 HISS tanks lol.

And was the horseman returned with it? ;)

I saw one the other day that was returned but someone swapped the horseman with a 25th hiss driver. Seems like a lot to go through just for a mediocre figure.

Last edited:

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
you mean rds's eBay link? Yeah, that's about how much I spent from Small Joes.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
I think hasbro should have painted the tanker's canopy black but with black paint that can be done. Still think it would have looked cooler with the color contrast. Just my 2 cents.