Any Gundam MSIA collectors here?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I know some of you have some Gundam stuff, whether it be MSIA, models, or Robot Damashi. I'd like to see what other peoples collections look like.

Here is most of my collection.

Zaku I

Zaku II

Gelgoog

Kampfer, Zock, and Dom

Battle Scared GP-02 and Zeong

My only Gundam wing figure, a Maguanac

The 08th MS team

Some Feddy fodder

These assholes

I'll need to post a picture of the Alex with it's wrist guns and heavy armor parts.

Battle Scared EZ-8 (a total let down because all of the other MSIA boxes depicted it having a torn off arm piece that could switched out for the normal arm, but it didn't come with it)

And Jesus

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I have a handful of MSIA and Robot Spirits, mostly because I expected to cannibalize them for parts to make more revoltech transformers. But I kinda like them, so I might just leave them alone.

And I have about a dozen of the 1/60 big scale model kits (Exia, V2, F91, Strike) that I planned to use for TF Masterpiece customs that are in scale with MP-01. Now that MP-10 and subsequent releases have effectively scaled down the MP TF line, the 1/60 Gundams are really too big. Now sure what I'm going to do with all of them.

My favorite designs are the classic RX-78 and RX-78-2 as well as F91. After multiple attempts to get into the anime, I have decided that I'll never appreciate the slow-burn angst-ridden emo cartoons. But the robots are damn cool.

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
I only have a RX-78-2 painted in grays (mush like yours, but I left the shield red). Beyond that MSIA figure, I have mostly 1:144 GMs and Zaku figures (I never really cared for the big, shinny Gundam models).

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
If I get the time this week, I will try to dig out my MSIA collection. Only thing I have out now is the Robot spirits Zaku II.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I got a couple ne additions to my collection, the sniper GM and the Gyan (also a core booster)

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Me love the HGUC 1/144 sets the most.

I especially love the mass produced mobile suits, the Zaku, Dom, Jegan, all the flavours of the Feddie GM...

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
My two Arch Enemy series Gundams, XXXG0-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero and GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam.

I actually have all of WGZ's stuff, it's just a bitch to pose due to those massive wing binders.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I never got any arch enemy stuff because it was out of scale with the stuff I already had. I guess they're better articulated aren't they?

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
I never got any arch enemy stuff because it was out of scale with the stuff I already had. I guess they're better articulated aren't they?

Some more than others. Much more detailed- the little boxes on Zero's shoulders actually open up to reveal a pair of gatlings in the vein of the NT-1 or Heavyarms, and saber hilts can be stored in the base of the smaller pair of wing binders- which are collapsabile/extendable. Joints are a lot more solid than on a basic MSiA release due to the different plastic used, but the mid-arm joints are singles as opposed to the doubles on the Strike and other contemporary releases.

Honestly though, Strike Gundam was a low point of the already horribly short-lived line- little more than a super-sized version of the MSiA and none of the extra details that went into the RX-78, Gelgoog, Tallgeese, or Wing.

Interestingly enough, production pieces of a AE Gundam MKII surfaced earlier this year. Oh, what could have been...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm guessing that the Seed figures were much like the anime. No detail to be noticed.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
I'm guessing that the Seed figures were much like the anime. No detail to be noticed.

Hehehehe... Ah, but yeah. They were incredibly clean compared to the MSiA from the UC, G, and GW lines. Not to say they were terrible, but for the most part, they were a bit underwhelming for their price point compared to what we had been getting.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
When I was younger, I used to hate the camo Zaku II j. Now I love all of (well most of)
Okawara's MSV designs.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
When I was younger, I used to hate the camo Zaku II j. Now I love all of (well most of)
Okawara's MSV designs.

I know, right? It helps that the MSV Zaku II's camo is very similar to one of the patterns used on the MiG-29 and Su-35.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
For sure. My only thing that I would like to see. Is for katoki to do some line art for those older designs.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I've been saving up some money and wasting it on old plastic.

Z'Gok

It's a solid toy, but it's not very well articulated.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Also recently got the Gogg. This one has better movement than the Z'gok.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I got another RX-79 [G] because it was cheap and it had accessories that I had lost when I was a kid, such as the 180mm cannon.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I hope you guys like the color pink, because the next addition to my collection is just that. I wanted to get a variant of this particular figure that came with a bazooka, a cool jet pack, and a sleek crimson red paint job, but Japtou.com sent me the wrong item.

The Extended MSIA figures are pricier, nicer, more articulated figures in comparison to their version 1 counter parts. I'd love to get more, but $20 (+ a lot of shipping) is more than I can afford right now.

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I have a bunch of the Zeonography figs, as well as a handfull of the larger (9-10") model kits.

I'll have to snap some pics one of these days.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
You pretty much owe it to yourself to do that. Considering how expensive, and highly detailed they are, you should at least snap a couple pics.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I decided to take some pictures yesterday. This Star Wars Micro Machines Yavin IV playset use to be the base of operations for the Rebel Alliance. As of 2001, it became a base for Earth Federation Space Forces.