anybody know of this new true heroes plane?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it varies on style. i know he did a M2 shield, but ii don't think he's done the armored turret yet.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
The Humvee turret ring and shield are $15, and the full turret and shield are $35.
Yes, you could buy more Humvees for that kind of money, but I'd rather support someone who's doing this on his own time to help improve our hobby.

I bought his BBI Blackhawk nose detail set (sensors & radomes) for $20 including postage to Aus, and it was money well spent. I'd gladly order from him again.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
huh, thats not bad at all! I'l have to look into getting them when he makes his Horten(that'll be cool)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Humvee turret ring and shield are $15, and the full turret and shield are $35.
Yes, you could buy more Humvees for that kind of money, but I'd rather support someone who's doing this on his own time to help improve our hobby.

I bought his BBI Blackhawk nose detail set (sensors & radomes) for $20 including postage to Aus, and it was money well spent. I'd gladly order from him again.

Umm, congrats?

Me and pickel just never see eye-to-eye on pricing. It's just one of those things.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
You'd never last in 1/35th then. That stuff is ridiculous. For a nice resin figure, whuch is like 2 inches tall you'll pay between $15 and 20 most of the time. It's crazy, and so the way I see it his stuff isn't bad pricing, the cost of casting is through the roof.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd never last because it's too small.

Funny, I see plenty of 1:35th kit stuff.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They do, but G.I. Joe didn't come out in 1:35 when i was a kid, so the scale is a non-entity to me.

Plenty of modelers doing 1:35 to make that scale run.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
They do, but G.I. Joe didn't come out in 1:35 when i was a kid, so the scale is a non-entity to me.

Plenty of modelers doing 1:35 to make that scale run.

yeah it did, did you ever look at the vehicles you silly goose.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I think this could be made to look more accurate if one were so inclined. Find a plastic tube at the DIY store, cut that up and graft it to the existing plane using shims and bondo, use balsa wood to lengthen the wings.

But at that rate it might be easier to just make it out of those materials to begin with and forget about the TH plane. Put that $40 to donor kits to make the cockpit and what-not.
If donor kits exist in that scale.

But as-is, take that carrying handle off and fill in the holes, repaint, and I think you might be surprised at how good it could look. If they made this to proper scale, it would be to big for anyone but Donald Trump to house and would cost around $500.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
saw the "shark" at TRU today...its pretty freak'n big...but the F-14/16/18 are bigger, so that'd just look goofy even in the same room

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
It'd probably wouldn't looks as bad next to a joe vehicle like a sky-striker or a conquest, but something tells me it'd still be kind of small.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
It'd probably wouldn't looks as bad next to a joe vehicle like a sky-striker or a conquest, but something tells me it'd still be kind of small.

if it was the size of a 1/18 f-14 it'd be proportional to the skystriker. It will be a little on the small side, but the c-130 is ALOT smaller than most people think.