anybody know of this new true heroes plane?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
so did anybody else catch that they put radials on this instead of turbroprop enignes. Makes me wish they use two engines instead so I could make a dc-3/c-47

Yeah, I caught the recips, but that oversight pales in the light of everything else wrong with it.

thats why you use the handle to hang it from the ceiling with. I keep on laughing that they used radials instead of turboprop engines.

Yeah, so it looks even worse flying around with Bbi helos? I'll take a long pass.

I'd love to see pics next to real 1:18th scale stuff.. put it next to the JSI F-14 for example.. meh.

I wanted to believe.. but it just isn't working out for me. It's far too small to even have figure STAND UP in the exit bay.. that's kind of pushing it, regardless of realism.

Like Eddie said.. this would be great for Matchbox or 1:144 scale stuff.

Pretty much all this, except I had little illusion it would be useful. It really makes me wish the Schleich Safari plane was available locally and cheap. There's an item with potential to work in our scale.

This thing really divides upon the lines of 1:18 collectors who like their items crewed by Joes, and Joe collectors that will buy anything that works with Joes.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Surprisingly roomy inside it looks, and apparently an Armadillo fits in the rear *snicker*.

I wonder if there are any real small transport planes that this could be modded into..

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011

Surprisingly roomy inside it looks, and apparently an Armadillo fits in the rear *snicker*.

I wonder if there are any real small transport planes that this could be modded into..

HHmmm, maybe it will suit my Para-vipers after all. Still, I wish the rear had a bigger opening (Har Har), but what ever I'm sure they can just jump out the side door there like it's WW2 or something, which is actually a bonus in my mind (despite the huge rick of them getting chopped up by the propellers). I'd have to take a couple of those propellers off though, they're annoyingly close, like a newly formed dating couple acting all cute and shit. And I'd have to get it on sale, I wouldn't pay more than $25 dollars for it.

Cut the wings off and turn it in to a submarine! :p I kid, I kid.

You know, that doesn't strike me as the worst idea for it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, $25 sounds fair.. I think it'd take some heavy modding to get it in showing shape. You can't see the inside with the wings on anyways, so thats kinda lost to me. If the side door is the size of a figure it has promise.. the rear can be used to poop out packages or supplies haha.

Trim off two of the engines, the handle, and make a proper cockpit and.. well.. maybe it can be some light insertion plane or something.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Cut off a pair of engines, make proper looking engines out of the other two, cut off handle, lots more work....AC-27 Stinger II custom?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Turn it into a Waco.

Oh, you can't, because there isn't anything big enough to tow it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe of you could mate up the cockpit and rotor portions of the Chap Mei Sea Knight with the fuselage of this thing you could get one of those odd tandem-rotor predecessors to the CH-46 and 47.

It'd take one hell of a modeler, though. Lots of putty/clay work getting a smooth transition between parts. May not even possible, as the fuselage on the 130 looks a lot thinner than that on the SK.

I think the fuselage kinda works as a helicopter, but not as any kind of modern transport.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i was thinking maybe mating two of these together, but its just too narrow for that, and again, not worth the $$$ and effort...

i think it could be successfully done with the V-22 though if ever released here...it's got a decent sized fuselage, girth wise

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
The Dreams of the Chap Mei Osprey coming to America haunts me to the point of becoming a nightmare. I've lost tons of money trying to get one from overseas. I am excited about the new C-130... it look a little small, but that's in keeping with "Joescale". At least it's a troop carrier.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
jesus guys, all of your suggestions are too damn elaborate, it'd be easier to commission Pickel to make something new from scratch. It seems like it'd be easier to just make it new wings.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I might get one just to see what I can do to it to make it 'better'. If possible, I do plan to see if I can make it 'Osprey-like'.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought the turret was good sized, at least for use on a tank turret.

The EOD guy does suck, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was actually surprised at the size of the Humvee. It's totally incorrectly proportioned, but it is large.

Hmm. I wanted to do an armored cupola turret with twin M2s. Back to the drawing board, i guess.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Do you think the turret form that could house maybe a Pak 40 on the front?

Perhaps. I'm sure you're gonna need to open up the slots in the shield a bit.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a crew-served gun. Definitely not room for that.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Well poo, At least it may fit. There goes Hiss tanks ever having a decent gun for know..

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
An osprey-like custom "could" be possible i think. I think the largest problem with this would be finding 2 sutiable engine nacelles. I can't even think of anything that could be used off the top of my noggin, other than scratch building. We'll see what folks come up with if distribution on this is decent.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Perhaps. I'm sure you're gonna need to open up the slots in the shield a bit.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a crew-served gun. Definitely not room for that.

Any chance anyone can cast the turret so I don't have to buy the rest of the set? :p

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
maybe if 3d printing technology get's better someone can simply scan the Humvee turret, replicate a smaller version of it and place them on the PTE Humvees. Then again maybe it'd be cheaper to commission someone to make a kit from scratch.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
^ That would all depend on quantity. If there was 20 or more people that wanted one, it would be much better for the 3d printer one, but for a one-off or a two-off, it' be better to have somebody scratch them. Neither way would be cheap though. That guy who has the joe dragonfly update charges a little over $30 for the to wings he makes. I want that nose gun and the rocket pods though...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, but they cost more than the Humvee you're putting it on. Some people can't or won't pay that.