Battle damaged Crimson HISS Tank by Marine_Deadpool

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
Per the request of a fellow tanker on HISSTANK, I was asked about customizing a HISS Tank making it more realistic looking. Having NEVER completely done a vehicle before, nor torturing a toy as TTT would put it. I set out to repaint the Crimson HISS into a standard HISS and add some warzone scars to its body so he could get an idea of how it would look on a new Retaliation HISS Tank. Got the Crimson Tank at Ross for $15... so what the hell.

So, I broke out the dremel tool and went to town making bullet scars and pock-marks all over the body and debris scratches in to the armor and decals. Other additions included completely rebuilding the four-barrel Gatling-gun into a realistic version, detailing the cockpit, and wrapping a tow chain around the brush guard in the back. For the gun, I gut out four barrels from some metal tubing I picked up at Hobbytown USA and used some styrene tube to spruce it up on each end. The tow chain in the back came from some custom jewelry chain I picked up at JoAnns fabrics in the beaded/jewel trinket isle. I painted the exterior in black primer, then flat black testors spray paint and finished it off with a few coats of flat clear over the decals.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It all looks really good...the finish, the interior, the gun mods, the tow chains, awesome!...and the damage looks good, but maybe a bit over the top...like a tiger went bananas on it...I tend to do that too...I just don't know when enough is enough...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It all looks really good...the finish, the interior, the gun mods, the tow chains, awesome!...and the damage looks good, but maybe a bit over the top...like a tiger went bananas on it...I tend to do that too...I just don't know when enough is enough...

Yep, it took many transformers and a few vehicles before I learned less is more, but the way this hiss is done does look like it rolled out of an anime movie. Just depends on the look you are going for.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yep, it took many transformers and a few vehicles before I learned less is more, but the way this hiss is done does look like it rolled out of an anime movie. Just depends on the look you are going for.

Looks like it was painted like a car and got run through the woods, and bullets tend to exploded in to dust on contact with the armor of a tank.

Then again I never saw a H.I.S.S. in any interation being proof against anything over maybe 14.7mm.

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
Looks like it was painted like a car and got run through the woods, and bullets tend to exploded in to dust on contact with the armor of a tank.

Then again I never saw a H.I.S.S. in any interation being proof against anything over maybe 14.7mm.

BINGO!! That is the look I was going for... like it had run down some narrow streets and got scratched up... same with the bullets.