Beast Angle Gladiators

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Well here is another random line from my o'l toybox...

Beast Angle Gladiators by DIY toys

These are terrible dollar store knockoffs that would most likely poison any child that gets a hold of one. Needless to say I picked up 2 sets. 1 to keep as is and one to use for customs.

There are 2 groups in the set. A group of armored knight type figures and a group of orc type figures with no armor. They all have 5 POA that are ball/socket joints. The ball/socket is the same size for all joints so you can easily modify any figure with any other figures parts. I doubt that was intentional but a nice added feature.

the Knights include a Demon Goat-Man, Boar Head-Guy, Hawk-Man

The Orc-type figures are a little smaller and include a Minotaur, Demo-man knockoff and a Werewolf.

The heads fit fairly well on Joe size bodies:

This company also has a similar line of Roman Gladiators and a Gears of War knockoff line called Bionicle of War.

Attachments

• knights_scale.jpg
    knights_scale.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 77
  • orcs_scale.jpg
    orcs_scale.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 78
  • demongoat_head.jpg
    demongoat_head.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 79
  • hawk_scale.jpg
    hawk_scale.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 79

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Kind of reminds me of a knock-off skeleton knight I have. With a good repainting those could be serviceable Battle Beasts.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I came across another DIY line called "Wrestling The Beast" and it includes some odd looking renditions of King Kong, T-Rex, and a couple dragons.

Scale picture with some Star Wars and DCIH figures

Attachments

• diy_beasts1.jpg
    diy_beasts1.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 60
  • diy_beasts2.jpg
    diy_beasts2.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 03loot01.jpg
    03loot01.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 73

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holy Resident Evil, Batman! That gorilla would be ace with a repaint. T-virus infected gorillas for the win!

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
What store did you find these at? That T. rex would be amaze-balls with some good artic and paintjob.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
To go with the knockoff theme I found this set of World of Warcraft knock off figures looking for some more DIY lines. These turned out not too terrible.

World of Warcaft Movie figures

Knight

Durotan

Black Hand

Orc Shaman

A bit of fun with head swaps

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Wow! crazy demonic looking shit right here!:trollface:

I found a bunch of 3.75" 5poa medievil knights at dollar general last week...probably about the size of a SW figure. Should've taken a pic. I never thought about any one who'd actually like it...they're really bad,like these only less demonic looking.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I saw those knight figures at DG...their heads were literally "squished", like someone pinched them after they came out of the mold.