Best Ak 47?

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
heya guys... apparently there are no stupid questions.. lets see eh?
which line/fig/caster does the best ak 47?

managed to grab a couple from a mate but they are shite... tried paintin them up but its like polishing a turd..

my thanks

goat

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
MGR's. Don't know if everyone would consider them the best, but I like them and they are easily gotten.
<ss:value source="$page.title"/>
He has wooden stock ones too. I just couldn't locate them. Might be sold out for now. Sold individually for $0.99 as well.

K-Tiger will probably be able to tell you what the most accurate one is in this scale.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I 'spose it depends. If you want just a plain-Jane, '49-'59 or early AKM your options are surprisingly few.

Marauder's AK-47/AKM/Type 56 are alright. The sculpted wood grain is an annoyance, as is the missing gas block/barrel gap. Their tacticool AKM is a bit on the large side, to my eye. Their regular AK-74 (came with and without a bayonet fixed) is pretty nice.

Hasbro actually did a pretty good one with wire stock in the Modern Era. All their earlier ones are pretty meh. This will go for all the '80s Joe knock-offs, too. Their Shock Trooper tacticool AKM is alright, and comes in a pistol variant, too.

Let's see, let's see. 21st Century did an AK-47/Type 56 for their NVA figure, but it's too small. I think Bbi did an AKM with an M203, a bit on the small side, but unique.

A smattering of the options:

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
k tiger ye is the mutts lad!
my thanks..that is a huge amount of difference in scale and quality... I must have missed the marauders Ak 74 without a bayonet then. .might be my best bet for now.
ta!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mine there was one with a bayonet, I had to cut it off.

Marauder has a lot of stuff they no longer stock. Their M16A2 no longer comes with the original magazine, and the RPD no longer comes with it's magazine or original bipod. This isn't say that the AK-74 won't be back in stock, just an FYI.

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
yeah... a common problem on a lot of the casters sites..a lot of the good stuff is out of stock .. was eyeing up a bunch of gigs sweet stuff and likewise .. the waiting game is upon me then !

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I've got a mold for this being worked on right now. It's exact 1:18 scale.

Last edited:

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
serendipity it seems mf falcone! when will yours be going to sale dude ?
now make my day and tell me yer working on an L115A3 and a enfioled 303 #4 mk1 t ?

im getting th 1/18 firearm bug prettty bad ..

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
No Enfield, but I've got this working on as well. Should have both soon.

Last edited:

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
ooooh ! i will deffo be knocking on yer door then ! chhers for th heads up man !
nice bloody work !

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
My personal favorite is the version that came with the cobra shock/invasion trooper. There's also a stockless version that came with renegades firefly.

Its my favorite,because of the optics,and it fits well in most figures hands...not to mention I have a bunch of the red guys that it came with.

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I read most peoples posts with a heavy cockney accent. Makes forums much more fun.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
When/if you read mine add a thick southern drawl,substitute "y'all" for "you guys","fiddna" for "about to","fixina" for "getting ready to","thar for there","I reckon" for "I suppose so","naw" for "no","I ain't" for "Im not",and I'll pretty much be in your head:D

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
So does anyone else read all of goat's posts with an accent in their heads?

:thumbsup:
hah ! ye need to imagine a west country accent with a hint of glasgow and a few years in th home counties..
cockney indeed! stone th mo fo crows, luv a duck etc.. innum!
geddon bay! etc etc