Bravo Team HMMWV - Custom Build #1

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well, I got the new Bravo Team HMMWV today, and promptly tore it apart.

I meant to take pictures of it for a review.. so maybe I'll try and put it back together for that.

I wanted to see how hard it would be to take apart (16 screws), and how useful it would be in parts (Not bad actually).

Here are the guts.

A few things..

There is NO way to make the back doors usable, without some major modding. They are simply a part of the frame on the inside, there is no molding.

The TOW turret has three screws then comes apart. The hole is a perfect circle (no notches to prevent 360° swiveling.

The rear sides/hatch come off completely, and then snap into place. It'd be pretty easy to make this like the M998 with the open back. 4 of the frame screws go in the rear, but some superglue would likely work in a pinch here.

The push bar comes off too, I just didn't detach it. The exhaust pipe comes off, I think, but you'd break a piece doing it, so I left it on.

NO action figure is EVER going to sit in the back seats. They're smaller than the 21st ones I reckon. Likely reason why the back doors were axed. Front seats have ample room though.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Other notes, 2 screws hold in the windshield, so you can easily remove it if painting the body/etc.

The wheels flat out suck. There is no easy way to remove/alter them either. Need to craft something to go over the open back part and just paint it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I got the new Bravo Team HMMWV today, and promptly tore it apart.

I meant to take pictures of it for a review.. so maybe I'll try and put it back together for that.

I wanted to see how hard it would be to take apart (16 screws), and how useful it would be in parts (Not bad actually).

Here are the guts.

A few things..

There is NO way to make the back doors usable, without some major modding. They are simply a part of the frame on the inside, there is no molding.

The TOW turret has three screws then comes apart. The hole is a perfect circle (no notches to prevent 360° swiveling.

The rear sides/hatch come off completely, and then snap into place. It'd be pretty easy to make this like the M998 with the open back. 4 of the frame screws go in the rear, but some superglue would likely work in a pinch here.

The push bar comes off too, I just didn't detach it. The exhaust pipe comes off, I think, but you'd break a piece doing it, so I left it on.

NO action figure is EVER going to sit in the back seats. They're smaller than the 21st ones I reckon. Likely reason why the back doors were axed. Front seats have ample room though.

Challenge.....fucking....accepted.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It should be a required item when accepting a challenge.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I watch it when I'm channel flipping and it's on, but I tend to forget it's on. It is a funny show. Some interesting tidbits about it is all the scientific facts on the show are very real and proven by real physics instructors and in fact, the new girl on the show is a physics major and gives advice while on the show to verify things.

This keeps the show real and prevents geeks from emailing them to set them right.

^ useless trivia....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's any number of ways to get leg room out of thse back seats.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe if I watched that sitcom I'd get the "joke".

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
if figures won't fit in the back seat, and they decided to have the doors molded, then why even have the back seats at all? why not just make that more room to store stuff from the rear compartment? What a fucking cock tease!

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
if figures won't fit in the back seat, and they decided to have the doors molded, then why even have the back seats at all? why not just make that more room to store stuff from the rear compartment? What a fucking cock tease!

For looks? Not sure. Someone at SSHQ said it looked like a larger reproduction of their 1:32 HMMWV, which also did not have opening back doors. Cost saving is likely the culprit.

Also.. no one ever returned my emails about this. I even emailed CHINA! Do you know how far those electrons had to travel? Pshaw.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Sometimes it takes them weeks to respond. M&C didn't get back to me for two weeks when I asked them about the stuff in China.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The thing is the 21st was actually 1:18. Unimax just did it to save tooling costs.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So which one of your customs did this one become?

Nothing actually.. it sat in pieces for the longest time, finally I canibalized the wheels and various bits for another custom I'm working on. Still have the shell/etc that I might use for a "HMMWV vs IED" dio, not sure.

It's WAY bigger than the BBI/21st/PTE HMMWV's, I'd almost say it was 1/17 scale or something, guess it's Joe-scale.

Anyone else get some mileage out of these?