Cable and Apocalypse

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I have nothing but good words for these two...so I won't be giving a real review of them. Feel free to ask questions though.

Kellen wanted me to take a picture that looked like he was running.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Apoc is the best figure they've made in this scale.

Yes, I own WW Hulk too.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I collected quite a few Legends and skipped the regular Apocalypse in favor of the BAF version, which was a huge mistake.

I saw this guy on BBTS and contemplated getting him, although I don't actually have that many Universe figs. Cable looks cool as well, but I quit reading Marvel around the Onslaught saga... So what's with the Baby Bjorn?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Ok. The baby.

The baby is Hope. She was the last mutant born after...something happened. Cable took her into the future to protect her in order to sustain the mutant race. She grew up under his tutelage, as a warrior, and help kick the crap out of Bastion and his crew when they tried to destroy Utopia during the Second Coming series.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Weird. I Wikipedia'd the Marvel Universe a while ago and was like "screw catching up". There was House of M, World War Hulk, buncha shit with Skrulls and Cap was killed and Wolverine's backstory was told (lame!) and... A buncha stuff. There was something about Messiah Complex I guess the baby fits in there somewhere? Like a reborn-for-the-95th-time Jean Grey?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
House of M, and WW Hulk...I never followed.

Hope ties in with M though. The Messiah Complex is a lot of Bishop chasing Cable, trying to kill Hope. There's an awesome Cable TPB that you should read. You don't need to know much else...just read it.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The backstory is not that complicated. Scarlett Witch basically did away with mutants (House of M). Then miraculously, Hope, a mutant, was born to unknown parents (Messiah Complex). Cable trotted her off to the future to protect her from those that would do her harm for various reasons (Cable series, IMO quite forgettable, really just killing time in order to age the baby). They came back to the present when Hope had aged to a teen (Second Coming). She saved the day and is now finding a place in the modern Marvel U.

We don't yet know if there is any tie between Hope and any other mutants. There is much speculation as to her true parentage or origin, much of it focusing on Scott, Phoenix, etc but no one really knows yet. It's something they plan to reveal in the next 1-2 years in the X-Men comics. As the comics go, House of M, Messiah Complex, and Second Coming were all quite good.

This figure is merely Cable with baby Hope circa "Messiah Complex". I don't really like Cable as a character, but I love that they made this version of him; I've got a couple of sets of this wave in my BBTS PoL.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I almost want that Cable just for the baby. That would make a hilarious dio story. I can't find the Cable or Cyclops alone at BBTS, am I just retarded? I don't want the entire wave.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think they are shortpacked in the wave, so that's why they aren't available separately.

Clearly, the toy companies are retarded. They should shortpack the shitty figures. I'm not that idiot that keeps coming back time and again and keeps buying something else in its place, I just don't buy anything. I was the same way as a kid. Are they actually making money with this system, or just helping out the secondary market?

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I just picked up both Cable & Apocalypse at Target. Wow! They are very cool. I really love the Cable figure the most though. I can't wait for the Forge and Bishop characters when Hasbro decides to make/release them. They would look great in the same colors if they do so.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i don't know either character, but they sure do look cool...not really liking the elbow joint on Cable...seems very Chap Mei'ish

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Don't see how, as Chap Mei figures don't have any elbow articulation at all.

I guess i should pop open Archangel, see how he is.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Clearly, the toy companies are retarded. They should shortpack the shitty figures. I'm not that idiot that keeps coming back time and again and keeps buying something else in its place, I just don't buy anything. I was the same way as a kid. Are they actually making money with this system, or just helping out the secondary market?

they must be, cause they've been doing it this way for YEARS!...really, the toy companies aren't the ones hurting...its the retailers stuck with tons of sh!tty SSs and Destros...

and ya wonder why retailers drop the line?...maybe if Hasbro had better cases, the retailers wouldnt have leftovers that discouage them from carrying the line...

there must be more to it, has to be...if morons like us can figure this out, it can't possibly be so simple

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, they're comic figures, of course the look cheap.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Well...they don't have the BJ elbows like SW and Joes do, but they have a a swivel just below the shoulder BJ...so it does work out.

I can see Forge and Bishop using a lot of the Cable figure for parts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He's a Rob Liefeld co-creation, what the hell do you expect? Thank the Toy Gods they didn't model it after the early Liefeld art.

It's a curse that seeps even into the toys!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He also needs more pouches. Lots of pouches. Pouches inside pouches.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Did you see that Captain America art? He was a purse away from womanhood!