Cardboard HUMMVEE by HUNMARINE

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Hi guys!

If you remember my last cretion:
http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/military-vehicle-customs/6868-shoebox-m939-truck.html

Well...I've been back in Hungary for August...and decided to do a long dated idea of making an easy cheap and fast-builded HUMMVEE model out of cardboard.

For the main parts I used 2 type of cardboard. The wider one for main parts and a thinner one for making a support details.
On the other hand I used toothpicks, drinking straws, plastic circle from the bottleneck as a steering wheel, 2 little pieces from a pen ink straw as MG handles.

And of course pre-printed parts wich I took from this outstanding paper model:
Promotional Free Paper Models

All in all it took me 1,5-2 week to build it up. Its ufinished (lack of color cartrdiges in printer and such things). But I decided to leave it as is. I like that there are no doors..looks like a fast deploying vehicle. =)

So..hope you'll like it...WIP photos are below =)

P.S.: I just want to show that there are no limits for us if we need something. If we cant buy it - we will make it on our own.

DSCN3673 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3672 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
DSCN3531 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3559 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3645 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3646 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

Finally I figured out how to make it the roof so it can rotates 360. its easy and pretty fun actually. =)) You need 2 circles wich is a bit wider on the outside and a bit smaller from the inside against the whole in roof...The whole in the roof you have to make it smooth ..so the cardboard pieces wich will connect the upper circle to the lower one could rotate without a doubt. =)

DSCN3647 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
Really great work on that. It looks fantastic. Cardcraft/papercraft is an often overlooked and underrated medium. I am a big fan of it.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Thank you guys! :wave:
Your words means a lot. I hope that my next builds will be much more awsome and detailed. Until than - YO JOE!:salute:

wow! You struck again. Fantastic bro, really fantastic! I believe you can make just about anything out of cardboard.

Thanks Med' =)
Well..I have a project on the way. Its a secret, but I give you a little tip.
I try to build some Joe vehicles. As I finish the first one - it'll be up here I promise :pirate:

where did you find the shoebox truck? Those look awesome!!!

=) I've builded it. Just click on this link:
http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/military-vehicle-customs/6868-shoebox-m939-truck.html

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis