Castles

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
So I've been going around to Goodwills and various flea markets and I always have an eye out for castles. Since I plan on re-doing them for the most part I'm not too worried about the condition they are in. Here are 2 that I have found within that past six months. I'll keep this updated as I go.

The first one I found is Rapunzel's Tower. I am going to converting it into an evil sorcerers tower. I picked this up for $10 at a flea market just east of Indianapolis.

That is a custom Link in the tower and a True Legends Orc at the bottom for scale.
So far I have put a dark grey primer coat on it and will continue working on in it in a couple months.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Barad-dûr!

Still think the Robin Hood tv series castle is the best thing going.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The second castle I got was a Little Tikes castle i found at Goodwill fro $4 here in the Atlanta area. I haven't started doing anything with this one yet.

There is a star wars guy in the turret for scale

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Still think the Robin Hood tv series castle is the best thing going.

What scale are those figure in? 1:18? That castle is pretty awesome. I like the new castle Greyskull too. It has a good fantasy vibe going.

I'd like to get the new Schleich Castle coming out this fall.

EDIT:
Never mind they are 5" figures...

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The RH figures were 5", which makes the castle nice and large for 1:18 figures.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Schleich Castle looks ace. I've got a Castle Greyskull which works well for Joes - I picked it up from Tria. I also picked up a wooden castle off ebay by the early learning centre.

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Schleich Castle looks ace. I've got a Castle Greyskull which works well for Joes - I picked it up from Tria. I also picked up a wooden castle off ebay by the early learning centre.
The knight castle or the "Tower of Doom"

I always wanted the Tower of Doom but don't want to pay for the shipping to the US.
That is what I am kind of planning to turn Rapunzel's tower into

Attachments

• tower of doom.jpg
    tower of doom.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 53

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
^Holy awesome!!!

I had this as a kid. Wish I still had it. I used it as my Cobra Headquarters along with Greyskull since I never had a Terrordrome. I will aquire one again someday.

This and Joe HQ were my favorite playsets.