Mar 14, 2011
Starscream:

Bio:

Codename: Starscream
File Name: Raven Singh
Birthplace: Kolkata, India
Primary Military Specialty: Fixed Wing Pilot
Secondary Military Specialty: Field Command

When Cobra Commander sets his sights on Sierra Leone, he sends his Strato-Viper captain Starscream to negotiate with the local warlord. Now acting as part of Colonel Megat Trahn's Decepticon army, Starscream proves her aerial supremacy both at the stick of her Night Raven and flying solo with her modified FANG jetpack and twin nullrays. As self-serving as she is cunning, Starscream's newfound loyalty to Trahn is sure to last only as long as it suits her, before she finds new allegiances elsewere.

Armaments: FANG flight pack, twin arm-mounted null-rays, M11 pistol (sidearm)

Entry Thread

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Doom Space Marine:

Bio:

For those of you who are too young to know (and you're up past your bedtime), the Doom Space Marine hails from a time when action gaming characters were manly men, they could hold more than two weapons, they didn't rely on thrown objects, they didn't die from a single punch to the back of their powered armour, they could run and shoot at the same time, and, perhaps most surprisingly, they never hid like pussies behind conveniently-placed chest-high objects while waiting for their eyes to stop bleeding.

When the Union Aerospace Corporation began its Martian operation, everyone knew what to expect: mining for that volatile radioactive energy source with an overly-long hyphenated name, and the development of more of those government-contract weapons. No one knew why USMC Space Marines were called in when something went wrong in the Phobos facility. Or what they'd find.

The Gates were there when the UAC arrived. Unspeakably ancient technology they thought they could master. And sure, the teleportation technology worked, for a while. Until the tear between dimensions opened. Until the demons came out of the Gates.

Phobos was overrun. The Marines were killed, reanimated to serve the demon legions. But one survived and finds himself knee-deep in the dead. And he's going to send these demon bastards right back to Hell.

Entry Thread

ska_lives

Junk Master Flash
Sep 1, 2013
ROcky Mount, NC
I honestly love both of these as customs and fighters!
However, after being to hell and back on 3 separate occasions, I think the Doom guy can handle a self-righteous robot.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
The fact that you did a complete remake of that hilarious comic makes me want you to win. Not just this round, but the whole damn thing.

And, I'm a huge doom fan. So there's that.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I voted Starscream mainly due to her flight. I mean the guy has big guns, and all, but really what are the chances of him actually hitting a super sonic target? The time it would take to aim that thing would give her plenty of time to take him out.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Thoughts and commentary using the guidelines:
1. Custom quality
2. Bio/pics
3.Actual battle predictions
4.How many lasers/missiles the custom has
5.Is it a dinosaur?
6.Extras/presentation/special consideration

1--> Both customs are solid. The paint apps and the good use of the parts choices really worked well. While Starscream used flats to look factory fresh, DSM used washes/weathering for a post combat look.
Verdict: Tie
2--> Good, to the point bios. DSM added some humorous bits to mix things up. DSM furthers the gap with much cleaner photos.
Verdict: DSM Edge
3-->I'd have to say the conditions of the arena would effect this match-up a lot. In tight quarters DSM has the edge, but in an open arena Starscream would have the advantage.
Verdict: Tie
4-->While no specific lasers or missiles, Starscreams rays have promise and DSM does have a cool arsenal.
Verdict: DSM slight edge
5--> Both entries fail miserably here. Not being dinosaurs is like showing up to a gunfight with a spoon.
Verdict: Both fail
6--> StarScream deserves some props for being the only female contestant. I really like StarScream, however DSM kills it with his extras. The comic shows a lot of work and wins some more points.
Verdict: DSM
Result: DSM wins the vote. I was very tempted to give Starscream a sentimental vote here. In the end I stuck with DSM as both customs are fairly evenly matched, but DSM goes the extra mile.