Chap Mei C-130 Photo Review

Fritzkrieg

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
I picked this up at TRU today, and snaped a few shots. It's underscale for sure, but makes for a fun toy. The Pilot is a custom using the C-130's pilot's head on a BBI body. Chap Mei has made some great head sculpts recently.

Chap Mei's True Heroes C-130

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
It's awesome. I bought 12 of them. It maybe the closest thing I ever get to the Osprey, but it's pretty great none the less.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
It's awesome. I bought 12 of them. It maybe the closest thing I ever get to the Osprey, but it's pretty great none the less.
Dude, you gotta post pics of your collection. My mind is salivating over here:eek:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Dear god 12 of them. If you do make an Osprey outta of them or one that would be awesome! Would you be converting all of them over, or just a couple?

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Dear god 12 of them. If you do make an Osprey outta of them or one that would be awesome! Would you be converting all of them over, or just a couple?

The two of us have been talking that over. I might be making an osprey from a chap mei c-130 and sea knight for him. It may not work, there will be some studying of the two airframes and the osprey and seeing what works and doesn't work, so I'm still not sure yet, so I'm not commiting myself to anything yet.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I just can't stand the rudder on this, WAY too short and I hate how it is rounded instead of flairing off into the fuselage

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
It's "Joe-scale" enough for my Joes. It's a plausible enough aircraft for transport and airborne operations. It's better than nothing.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I hope I find one of these soon. The more I see of it, I want it even more. It will make one hell of a gunship. I can already see it now.....

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I appreciate Chap Mei making new toys, even if they aren't exactly perfect or what we would want. I'm glad to see some of their newer figures get some better articulation in the elbows and knees, maybe in the next decade they'll have swivel wrists. I haven't seen this plane in stores yet but since the Sky-strikers have finally showed up along with those true heroes Trucks and Humvees I bet they'll be here by the end of September. I'd like to get one but I have no idea where to store it in the house. I'm thinking I'm going to have to let go of alot of my Star Wars crap.

Grandslam

The Unwashed
Apr 5, 2011
Merrill WI
I picked one up and did a gray repaint and used a bunch of decals I had left from the POC VAMP and the Skystrikers I picked up as well. It is a really sweet aircraft for the same price as a skystriker and it looks frigin awesome in a modern era paint scheme. I will post pics when I get a chance, I want it to be MAJESTIC.

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
Just curious about what the member with 12 of these does with them. How do you display them? I got one today, and the box is huge. I'm trying to figure out where to put it!

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
I rode in a real C-130 once in all my time in the military. Great utility, not exactly a flight to Disneyland. :) Cargo-net seats and, as far as I could tell, no bathrooms, no meal service, and no movie. ;-) Lots of guys threw up, though.