Cobra C-130 Custom Transport Plane.

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I bought this today and had to paint it up into a Cobra Command Transport Plane. It is from the True Heroes toyline and cost $39.99 at Toys 'R Us. Let me know what you think.

Cobra C-130 Custom Transport Plane.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The paint scheme is looking good. You need to fix that problem with the windowless canopy though. If you still have the box the plane came with you can tear out the clear, flexible window plastic from the box, cut a piece out that is to size with the removable canopy, and attach it to the inside of the canopy.

Edit: I found out about that trick from Articulated comics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMqkkIEsUE

Last edited:

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
The paint scheme is looking good. You need to fix that problem with the windowless canopy though. If you still have the box the plane came with you can tear out the clear, flexible window plastic from the box, cut a piece out that is to size with the removable canopy, and attach it to the inside of the canopy.

Edit: I found out about that trick from Articulated comics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMqkkIEsUE

Many thanks for the replies everyone. That is a great suggestion and I applied using the clear plastic from the box as shown. As far as the color, I am surprised to see the plane show up this light in the as it is in Royal Blue and appears much darker in person.

Here is a little diorama that I quickly put together. It is Cobra Commander and Dr. Venom discussing 'World Domination' while the Blue shirts load up the M.A.S.S. Device in one of their Cargo Planes.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
This looks great with the Rattler, since both seem to be about the same scale.

I know it sounds like a challenge, but does anyone know how feasible it is to chop the fuselages of two of these aircraft and merge them together for something larger?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The plane is looking great! Glad to see someone made use of that window trick.

I know it sounds like a challenge, but does anyone know how feasible it is to chop the fuselages of two of these aircraft and merge them together for something larger?

That sounds like it'd be difficult because of the removable ceiling and wings.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011

If you're going to do that, I'd suggest using a length of drain pipe or similar for the main body. The problem is that the wings would look out if place so you'd have to lengthen them or scratch build a new set.

I say don't buy the True Heroes plane in the first place, save that money and put it towards a scratchbuild.