Cobra Rattler

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
Here are a few pics of my custom Cobra Rattler. I modified the Bbi A-10 that was sold at Target last year.

I removed the trigger assembly and gutted out part of the area behind the cockpit to make room for the rear gun pod. I used a pill bottle to make the pod area. The rear gun is from the 25th Anniv. Rattler and stickers from Cobrastickers.

Jason

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
Thanks guys! I love that this A-10 is more to scale with the Skystriker and the F-18 Hornet (World Peace Keepers) toys.

Jason

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
Very nice paint job and conversion. It makes me sad to think that kids nowadays won't have things like this. No Terrordromes, No G.I. Joe aircraft carrier.... All those wacky and fun vehicles certainly made no military sense whatsoever, (Cobra Pogo anyone ? https://youtu.be/i8Qw2ytm7Ro) But made kids minds go wild with fun adventures. :(

Now all they're given is shitty 5 poa crap that we hated in the 70's. For the very life of me, I truly can't understand with technology going forward so fast, all kids have now for the most part is figures with 5 poa. Yeah, back in the 70's we had Star Wars figures with 5 poa, but they were $3.00. Now damn near 40 years later, we still have figures with 5 poa, but now they're now a lot more expensive. Except NO G.I Joe (Which baffles the very living Hell out of me!, Just how in the Hell do you mess that up ?, Boys LOVE G.I. Joe !, How did they mess that up ?.

A Hulk that you can't pose now ?. Really ?. Hell, even in the 70's we had Mego figures we could pose, with cloth outfits. Star Trek, and Planet of the Apes. And the Micronaut figures blew the Star Wars figures of the time out of the water, with their supreme levels of articulation, interchangability, vehicles, and accessories.

I would like to think after all these years, toy companies would be moving forward, instead of 40 years back in technology.
We now have phones that can now interact and interface wirelessly with the entire world, and toy action figures, we can't even pose, or make them sit down realistically, after 40 years.

Thank you for making that Rattler. Maybe someday they will make them again. And get away from the worthless crap they keep making now.

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
Sadly, there is not. There was an attempt, but it never was finished. :(

I imagine the wingspan would be huge! I have the Bbi 1/18 Apache helicopter and have never inserted the rotor blades because of how long they are. They would make it impossible to display on a shelf.

Jason

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
This is awesome, man. I love it. I bought one of these A-10s and immediately regretted it after opening. I haven't the heart to make asad attempt at a realistic A-10, but making a Rattler is a superb idea!

Thanks! The official Hasbro Rattler is pretty sad in comparison to scale with the Bbi A-10. I get that it's not actually 1:18, but man is it an improvement compared to the size of the Rattler.

Jason