Cobra Viper

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
POC-ish

I like what's coming from Hasbro...but it's just a repainted Shock Trooper. I want something that's grittier, meaner and just pain better.

The Wave 3 Duke armor never really screamed GI Joe to me. It has a much more Cobra feel to it. Hell, it looks like a snake head with fangs. The legs will stay more or less the same color, with some added details. The armor will get a coat of paint as well. I may do something with the shirt...but I'm pretty lazy right now.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Hmm.. after doing my own, I have to say I think I like this one a little better. Especially with that armor definitely looking like a snake head. The only thing I'm not sure about on this one is the shins... I don't know what it is about them that I don't like.. they just don't feel right to me.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I love the body from that Wave 3 Duke, so I really like this viper. I don't know if any web gear is necessary, but some sort of belt with pouches and maybe a backpack with straps would be good.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm.. after doing my own, I have to say I think I like this one a little better. Especially with that armor definitely looking like a snake head. The only thing I'm not sure about on this one is the shins... I don't know what it is about them that I don't like.. they just don't feel right to me.

I think it's that they have that kinda dated Renegades look. In fact i think the entire leg set up is off for this use. Still like the "real world" example you set.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm.

A belt and pack, probably, yes.

For the lower legs, I was trying to emulate the 'high top' look the OG Viper had with his boots. I may swap the feet out as I don't like how they sit (or don't sit...) on the legs themselves.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Why not use the matching armored SE lower legs, with a maybe the RoC Viper boots? At least then he would have a more complete armored look. You could even go as far as to use the 25th Zartan upper arms with armor plating, to really complete this guy's kit.

But yeah... some paint would be nice. :D

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
What about some Range-viper lowers and Lt. Stone uppers? I had a plan to use this combo, if I can get a hold of some vipers.