Custom 1:6 Sideshow Firefly

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I have only been collecting Sideshow Joes for about a month, but a thread on SS Freaks inspired me to try a Firefly custom. He needs a lot of work, I tried to use extras from stuff I already have. I plan to add as I go along. I don't like the Sniper head sculpt, I hope I can find an spare Cobra Trooper or Firefly, but I am not going to pay a fortune! I am holding off painting the head until I find one I like better.

Last edited:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
man those are some awesome figures...did he come with the wall piece?

He is actually a bash. The uniform and a lot of the accessories came from the 21st SWAT officer, the body, head hands and boots are spares off my sideshow figures. The wall is the sideshow "Recon at Waypoint" environment.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I was able to pick up a Cobra Trooper head at a reasonable price and I got the head painted.

Matching colors, I had some pretty close stuff on hand.

Masked off the face and airbrushed the base.

Finished result.

I'm not sure why, but I decided to peel off the masking before I dull coated it. I hate it when I do dumb things like that!

raginspoon

Enlisted
Aug 20, 2011
Man this guy looks great. I am a little biased though firefly has always been my favorite figure.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks, I am real happy with how it came out. I am scratch building an ARAH style back pack for him right now.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Popped his head on for a quick look:

And started on a backpack:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Did some more work on the pack:

Started out using brass tube for the frame and ended up using clothes hanger...

I little filler and paint and it will be done.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Wow, dude! I've started wanting to collect the Sideshow Joes here lately, and this doesn't help me refrain from doing so. The SS FF is pretty sick as is, but I tend to think of it as more of an arctic FF. I like that you're giving him a more ARAH accurate look and excellent job painting the camo on the headsculpt. The backpack definitely looks to have the shape of the original fig as well. Looking forward to seeing it all completed!

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I painted up the pack along with some Cobra Desert Sniper boots I picked up for him. Almost done now.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Sweet! Good job making Firefly a true homage to the original (how Sideshow should have made him).