Custom Armored Humvee

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Those pickelhaube add on really take the Humvee up to model quality, I have 2 that need to be painted/finished. What did you use for windshield windows and turret ballistic glaas?? I don’t know how sheet plastic is gonna look. Might need something thicker, especially around the turret

Reactions: YautjaClanLeader

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Those pickelhaube add on really take the Humvee up to model quality, I have 2 that need to be painted/finished. What did you use for windshield windows and turret ballistic glaas?? I don’t know how sheet plastic is gonna look. Might need something thicker, especially around the turret

I used the clear packaging material the vehicle came in. And super glue. And a shit ton of patience.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Your HUMVEE turned out great !
That is an unusual camo scheme.
Were did you get the idea from ?

That is a clever idea of using the sprite bottle for glass.
I used a green film backed up with clear styrene .
Then crafted a frame to hold everything in.
The new Bravo team already has the frame for the glass but lacks the glass.
Using the Sprite bottle plastic may salve all of the problems if one can get it to lay flat minus those little bubble bumps.

Last edited:

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Your HUMVEE turned out great !
That is an unusual camo scheme.
Were did you get the idea from ?

That is a clever idea of using the sprite bottle for glass.
I used a green film backed up with clear styrene .
Then crafted a frame to hold everything in.
The new Bravo team already has the frame for the glass but lacks the glass.
Using the Sprite bottle plastic may salve all of the problems if one can get it to lay flat minus those little bubble bumps.
Thanks! Yeah, working with the sprite bottle isn't bad if you know what you're doing. I had no issues really. As for the camo color, that's called MERDC - I just took a spin on it making it more like splotches instead of lines.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
So I found a use for the body of the spare humvee I had (I took the turret for my M-ATV).

Burned-out/Looted Humvee

Last edited:

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
My brother used to work at a plant in Pennsylvania where they made the armor plating for the hummers and other vehicles. He said they were very strict on the materials and they were made to account for everything that they were using in a particular job. I wonder how much of the stuff he worked on either saved someone’s life or ended up as a rusty scrap heap. Cool diorama, you have the skills of a Jedi Master Modeler

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
My brother used to work at a plant in Pennsylvania where they made the armor plating for the hummers and other vehicles. He said they were very strict on the materials and they were made to account for everything that they were using in a particular job. I wonder how much of the stuff he worked on either saved someone’s life or ended up as a rusty scrap heap. Cool diorama, you have the skills of a Jedi Master Modeler
Thanks! I know someone from a Facebook group related to this hobby. He was saved by an IED from the very safety features your brother worked on. So take solace in the fact at least one life was saved for sure! I'm sure some of it definitely ended up destroyed some place or even worse yet, in ISIS hands.

Reactions: Sgt301