Custom Army Truck

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I picked this 1:18 truck on clearance a couple of years ago at Menards after Christmas. I actually bought 2 and am thinking about doing some kind of a deuce and a half or half track creation with the other one. I plan on painting this one OD and adding a few US decals I have left over from the Dragon Wagon project. I stripped off the tires and whitewalls and started priming it but ran out of self etching primer, I'll need to pick some up after the holiday.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
judging by your other work, i'm sure this will be phenominal...

when you take pics, be sure to display some figures with it

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Just a star on the hood and maybe some kind of unit markings. Just stuff I had left over from the MD decals I used on the Dragon Wagon.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I got the OD base down, its gonna need a second coat. Stupid iPhone pic really washes out the color.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Ah the lame ass truck, didnt you guys get the memo, nobody is supposed to care about a simple truck repaint, especially if it is WW2.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah the lame ass truck, didnt you guys get the memo, nobody is supposed to care about a simple truck repaint, especially if it is WW2.

Fuck that noise, update!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Modern pin-up artist. We yakked aboot him on the old board.

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
I recognized that model as a 1953 Chevrolet pickup from the Spanish manufacturer Mira that went belly-up several years ago. More than 10 years ago I purchased the same model. In case you would like to give your model some tropical touch, I would like to present an idea: Such pickup easily can be turned into some kind of South American guerilla vehicle or perhaps even into a car of the armed forces of Cuba. It should be easy to fix a heavy machine gun or a small cannon on the back side. Perhaps the custom I made can serve as a small source of ideas:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/Klausmerkel/Chevrolet Pickup 1953/

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I got the decals on.

I had some challenges with the decals and the staff car, but that is a story for another day...