Customizing Question and Answer Thread

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
This is a thread for asking questions that may not warrant starting new threads for. And aren't necessarily related to works in progress in the Workbench thread.

What's the easiest way to remove the lower knee pin?

Are the Ren Scarlett lower torso and Helix upper torso compatible?

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
What's the easiest way to remove the lower knee pin?

For me, a hair dryer (you could boil water too) will soften the leg helping the pin to come out easier. Then I use a small flat screw driver between the knee joint and the lower leg hole to pop the small end of the pin out.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I zap a small cup of water for 1min 25sec,then dunk only the section I'm fooling with. carful on any heating,especially on dark colors!! It can damage the figure.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I've done the same but for some reason, 50% of the time when I pry the knee parts apart they never seem to go back together perfectly. Sometimes they do, sometimes the don't...

I don't think I've ever had a problem getting the knee back together. I heat the leg up again, put the knee in, and then put the pin in. I'll use needle nose pliers to put the pin through but don't always need it.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Does anyone have a fully disassembled torso? Including the bottom half. I need pictures of the interior and exterior of all 4 pieces. And also a picture of the t-bar and connector piece inside the torso. I don't have any torsos opened up right now and all my supplies to do so are unavailable. I need these pictures asap.

And thanks for the removed leg pin pictures as well. I've seen them before but didn't remember where.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I've only seen resin cast replacement t-bars but I don't think anybody is currently selling them. They don't seem to hold up very well anyway. I know there's been talk of metal t-bars being made but nothing has come of it that I know of.

I might try casting them but I doubt I can do much better.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You weren't entirely clear on that. ;) I can send you one from the Duck Dynasty style figures, OR I can send it to a castOr for translucent orange goodness OR you can make one out of hot glue and suncatcher paint.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That one won't work. I need a long trail of small fire, but was using the campfire size as a reference. Maybe I'll try hot glue fire...what's su catcher paint?

Thanks for the offer BTW.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
DW used a flickering LED tea candlelight from micheals...they are everywhere right now for Halloween. Removed the plastic md then used hot glue to create a flame effect. Worked really well.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ahhh, clear paint. Thanks KT.

Got a link to that Mojo? It sounds like a fantastic idea. I was gonna get a strip LED, but flickering would be neato!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
That's it, but he removed a lot of the plastic around the light so it was a lower profile.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll have to make sure the ones I get flicker...not all of them do. Saw some at Target tonight. A 2-pack for $4. It was Halloween themed. I'll have to keep my eyes on them and see if they clearance them out.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Dollar tree had 6 for a 1.00...not sure if they flickered or not. Michaels had 6 pack of the flickers for sure.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Found a MUCH better solution to the flickering tea lights where the cheapest I could find at the dollar store was a 2-pack for a $1.00.

Flickering 100 bulb strand...$4.50!! From Target.

I'll have waaaaaaaaaay more than I need, I can light them all at once with one plug and best of all, least amount of work! Hear is the only issue...I won't be able to leave them plugged in for long periods of time.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I know the picture it very washed out, but can anyone tell me anything about the guy in the center. What part of military he may be with...all that jazz.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like ACUs in desert tri-color, so I'm guessing Army. Probably rule out Marines, because they don't do patches. Possibly USAF Pararescue?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
75th Ranger Regimnet.

I went to school with the guy in the middle. We played little league together as well. Always a happy guy. He's an instructor now.