Data Viper = S.H.A.R.C.

Monte Williams

Geek Creek Kitbasher
Apr 17, 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
www.flickr.com
When my Data Viper isn't wearing the crazy bigass armor, this is what he looks like:

That's a trimmed Resolute Zartan armor, which I also used for my original character, Green Screen:

Bathing in the Glow of Tommyknocker Green by Geek Creek, on Flickr

Green Means Go by Geek Creek, on Flickr

(He's an "original" character only to the extent to which one allows that a riff on Sci-Fi is original).

The trimmed Zartan armor fits beautifully, and you can substitute it for Barbecue's shoulder pad attachment, which also fits beautifully, and which makes the Data Viper armor fit much more snugly:

Fixing Data Viper's Loose Armor - YouTube

However, my Data Viper is usually wearing the aforementioned bigass crazy armor... and while I hate hate hate taking indoor photos ('cause I'm terrible at indoor photos), I am so giddy about this lazy kitbash that I couldn't wait to photograph him outdoors.

Here he is with his armor:

You'll note that I used a sticker to cover the Cobra symbol on his chest, as well as the one on his armor. That's because my Data Viper is a Joe.

Indeed, if you look closely, you'll see that I used stickers from an iconic Joe vehicle.

Here he is in full-on armored mode:

Deep Six, bitches!

About three months ago, I started a thread about the Data Viper:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-j...ssion/359995-how-will-you-use-data-viper.html

In the first post, I had this to say:

I would use Data Viper as an updated combination of Deep-Six... except this time his giant crazy suit is the S.H.A.R.C.

Just look at the damn thing!

It looks like a shark's head!

All I had to do was slap some stickers on him and plug the pre-production Ripcord jetpack into the Data Viper armor. Easiest kitbash ever.

I am approximately thirty-seven times more excited about this than is reasonable.

Update September 8:

New and improved photo:

Cheers,

Monte

Last edited: