Dive! Dive! Dive! into the Depths of 1/18th

Karl Dak

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Western USA
Hi all-

I'm new to the forum but have been admiring the awesome dios and custom scenes from members of the Fighting 1/18th. Shout out to Falcon and his amazing shots!

A few months old, but thought I'd share a few shots of my converted 1/18th U-Boat and special passenger Col. Vogel:

U-531 by WesternOutlaw, on Flickr

Nazi U-boat by WesternOutlaw, on Flickr

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I wouldn't mind seeing that flag in the second pic in color. You did an outstanding job making it look like its being blown by the wind, but I cant see the cool details in it. Is that a skull in the middle of the Swastica?

Oh and I'm sure more people will chime in at beginning of week. Fri, Sat, Sun are slow post days here. Make sure you bump it back to the top on Monday if it gets bumped down.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't mind seeing that flag in the second pic in color. You did an outstanding job making it look like its being blown by the wind, but I cant see the cool details in it. Is that a skull in the middle of the Swastica?

Yup, it's a totenkopf.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Totenkopf, I've seen that skull before, oh yeah...on my arm :trollface:

As for this, I love that shot! Looks like one of those early morning moments where the officer reflects on his upcoming agenda, staring out at the vastness that is before him, thinking of home and his wife before some lackey shouts up saying, Captain, it is time, the Captain looks down at the lackey and says "Ja", looks up and out one last time before scaling down the ladder, and latching the hatch as the begin their descent towards the unsuspecting merchant ships out on the horizon.

Karl Dak

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Western USA
Thanks for the feedback fellas! I don't have a color shot at present but perhaps down the road. The flag was part of a small set of 1/32 scale SS figures. Thought I'd add to the sub just for fun and added detail.

Looks like one of those early morning moments where the officer reflects on his upcoming agenda...
Thanks. Classic - great story!