Don's Customs - Newest up: Marauders Tier 1.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Hey, I've been a member for awhile, but haven't really posted much. I'm mostly a Star Wars customizer (LOADS of SW customs), but I do modern military, GI Joe/Cobra, and Marvel Universe figures sometimes too. I've got some new ones on the workbench, and a pretty big back-catalog. So how about I start with a favorite, and run you guys through the back catalog over the next few days...

This Chuckles figure was made using Marauder parts, and Bad Mother Tattoo slide-off decals.
I had to crack open the chest of a white-shirt Marauders Agency Ops figure (they wear long sleeve button up shirts), and crack the chest of a white-shirt Marauders Contract Ops figure (tee shirts with short sleeves). I then swapped the arms so I could have a short sleeve button-up white shirt. Once glued back together, and popped back onto some jeans-legs I added the Bad Mother Tattoo Hawaiian Shirt slide-off decals.

Here's a behind-the-scenes pic showing the slide-off decals before application.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Thanks guys!

Up next is a Frank Castle figure I sold a month or two ago. This time I used a GI Joe buck (Snake Eyes), a newer Marauder WWII head, Marauder accessories, and again Bad Mother for the slide-off decal. I had to cut the decal in half (actually ended up cutting two in order to get the look right) to split the mid-chest articulation. And of course his body armor got its own decal.

Marauder Ka-Bar because Frank Castle.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
No gear yet, but this is my next Frank Castle project. Marauder body, same Marauder WWII head. And of course; Bad Mother decal. (I love their shit!)

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Thanks guys! Lots more to come!

I shared this War Machine back in 2013 (I looked at my very-few old posts), but these are better pics.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Also, I noticed some of you start a new thread for each custom, I was just going to pile all mine in one long thread. That's cool?

Yeah, easy to keep yours all in one thread for simplicity sake. We don't have a ton of new threads so no worries. If you have one you're especially proud of you can create a new one if you want.

Regarding Warmachine.. good job! It's funny looking at the model, there is no way he could store enough ammo anywhere in his body/suit for that mini-gun. He's got maybe 15-20 shots and thats it haha.

Stark-type laser weapons are really the only option on suits like that. Maybe the mini-missiles .

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Yeah, easy to keep yours all in one thread for simplicity sake. We don't have a ton of new threads so no worries. If you have one you're especially proud of you can create a new one if you want.

Regarding Warmachine.. good job! It's funny looking at the model, there is no way he could store enough ammo anywhere in his body/suit for that mini-gun. He's got maybe 15-20 shots and thats it haha.

Stark-type laser weapons are really the only option on suits like that. Maybe the mini-missiles .

Yeah, it's crazy. I like to imagine he's carrying variations of something like the Metal Storm technology; caseless, electronically fired, multi-stacked rounds, but even then capacity for one suit is pretty limited. Whatever; it looks cool.
I'll share more realistic stuff later too. ;)

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
I shared this Fury here in a thread back in 2013. More of an 'Ultimate Universe' tactical look.

I've since moved that head to a Marauders body, and added a jacket from the Star Wars General Hux figure. I like this one better. (Better pic too.)

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
The jacket one is definitely more movie accurate.. that head is good though! Which set was that from?

Pretty sure it was from a Captain America figure. It's been awhile...

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Here's one of my all time favorite custom figures. I copied Marauder Ruben (FB) a bit on this one (his idea to use the WM arm).

Most of this figure is a Marauder Terra-Ops figure. Marauder figures have holes in the shoulder and above the ankle for inserting the pegs of Marauder add-ons like pouches or knife sheaths. On this guy I sculpted over the boot and shoulder holes because I wanted a cleaner look. The shoulder sculpting became pockets where I added Bad Mother Tattoo slide-off Cobra decals. The head is obviously a GI Joe head, and the dog-tags came from that same Joe figure. The lower right arm was replaced by the lower right arm of an Iron Man line War Machine figure. The holster, handgun, body armor, ammo pouches are all Marauder, but again I sculpted over some of the peg-holes, and I added the Cobra slide-off sticker to the armor. The backpack is a GI Joe accessory and includes removable rockets for the little rocket pistol thing. I got the mask from a local customizer who cast that copy from (I'm pretty sure) a GI Joe accessory.

MAJ Bludd.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Very clean! The only thing I'd say is the magazines on the armor don't match his weapons, and they're YUUUUGE. In real life scale each one is probably a 50 round AR magazine.

Smaller magazines to fit his Cz Škorpion might look & fit better, so you can see more of the logo/etc.

And honestly, if he has a pistol that shoots rockets, why does he need an Assault Rifle anyway?

Reactions: Don

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
I see what you're saying. I don't have any spare mags for the Škorpion so I might just replace the pouches...

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Here are a couple of older custom Cobra security forces. I traded these figures off to a local friend or I'd reshoot with better lighting.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Mostly this is a GI Joe roadblock figure with a Marvel Universe Deathlok head. I made it a few years ago so I don't remember all of the alterations. I'm pretty sure I had to paint the skin tone on the arms. I changed the pouches on the vest, added the drop-down holsters, and added the greeble piece on his back. That's not really a thing from the comics, I just liked how it looks. I like to think it's a jet pack, or a personal shield device, or something.

Reactions: Videoviper

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
I'm going to post a few older Joes. Here's my version of Spirit. Mostly Joe parts, with a Marauder vest.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
And her'e my Roadblock. Again, mostly Joe parts, with some Marauder accessories.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Shooter was a quick black paint job (why was she blue?), and some Marauder gear.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
And Beachhead. Repainted the upper body a darker green, added to the leg-camo, rebuilt the vest to include the "beachhead" ammo pouches, added a few more details to the vest, and swapped out the gear on his legs. The grenade pouches on his back are from an older BBI figure.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
I've been working on some Marauders Contract Ops figures. I like to think of these guys as ISA, or Ground Branch, or whatever Tier 1 guys doing something covert (out of uniform). Left -to-right the first three are Dime Novel Legends heads, the fourth guy is a Marauder WWII head. You'll note some boot swapping (fourth guy is wearing Marauder WWII Japanese boots). Some also have Bad Mother Tattoos and Customs' decals.
The vests have been painted/weathered, some of the vests have non-Marauder glued-on pouches from various other lines, and my favorite thing here is that some of the Marauder gear-mounting-holes have been filled and covered by replacement molle webbing for a more seamless look. (Haven't done the upper back vest-holes because I'm planning assault packs.)
Individual pics incoming.

With hats.

That first hat has a Bad Mother decal he made custom for me. (It didn't turn out as well as I would like, so I might try that one again.)

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Of the four-man Contract Ops team this guy is the leader.
Vest pics are to better show the custom pouches and how Marauder-mounting-holes have been filled and covered with replacement molle webbing.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
I fuckin' love the Dime Novel heads, wish they would do another heads-pack. This guy is the team's sigint expert.
Again, some of the Marauder-mounting-holes have been filled and covered.

Reactions: Sgt301